Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celsius Training Rifle?

Options
  • 15-07-2009 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

I was talking to a few people at GTAC a while or so ago and one of them had a Systema. Obviously I was drooling all over it and asking him about it but as we were talking about Systemas he mentioned that there was a Systema clone available called a CTW so I looked it up and it seems very nice and, while still very expensive, considerably cheaper. Judging by the price on this website, it comes to 443.46 euro.

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-CTW-M4A1.htm

Definitely have to look into getting one of these!

http://www.celciustechnology.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Yeah but a GBB M4 is about the 200 mark and has recoil to boot. Training rifles like the PTW and that CTW don't stand a chance against the raft of new GBB rifles coming on stream for bargain prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Don't GBBs freeze during winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Not freeze, but they do become considerably inefficient. During colder months stepping up to Green Gas from HFC134a to compensate should be enough. There's also Winter specific Green Gas if that isn't enough.
    RA Tech and another company (GHK I think) are developing CO2 mags to combat this also. It won't matter in an indoor facility though, the ambient temperature in those would be sufficiently high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I've heard the CTW is really dodgy the details I cant remember but they basicaly said stay away at all costs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

A&K where planing ti rekease a clone of the ptw, no new infomation for a few months thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

+1 to what Neil said.

Great idea in concept - A PTW clone for half the price, but unfortunately it's had an awful lot of problems which is why they're very rare. Was meant to have masses of improvements over the Systema but it seems like the aluminum body is the only one. Redwolf were asked to carry them by Celcius and they refused apparently. The Systema CK's are only $200 more expensive or so anyway.

Advertisement