Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT 110

Options
  • 15-07-2009 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

I have recently accepted a place in DT110 Property Economics and was wondering if anybody knows the following : how much the required books will cost me? where the cheapest place to buy them ? and would I need to buy a laptop for course work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Even though I don't do the course, I would recommend you to get a laptop, unless you want to stay in college after 6 o'clock in the evening to do your work. During lecture hours, the library and computer rooms are absolutely packed.

If you can't find a room in Bolton Street, you'll have to walk to Mountjoy Square campus, there are always computers out there. However, you'll miss the craic that way, but save a grand or so because you won't need a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

You shouldnt have to buy many books for Property Economics - most lecturers will just give you out notes. One or two lecturers might recommend you read certain books but these are in the library and no need to buy them. Same goes for any book that a lecturer may ask you to buy, you can loan it in the library or there is a big book store just down the road from Bolton Street on Parnell St - Chapters that sell second hand books.

Re: Laptop
    No its not necessary for you to buy a laptop as there are computers in the library and 2 computer labs (albeit small ones) on the Property Economics floor. Although i would say that a laptop would be handy to do your work at home or in the evenings or at weekend as you'll only be in one of the computer labs and some lecturer will come in and tell you theres a class on to get out. Thats pretty annoying!

USB key is a must!!

Good luck with the course!

Advertisement