Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VRT on Nissan Patrol SWB

• 15-07-2009 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

I am looking to import a 99 Nissan Patrol SWB 2.8 Diesel Manual and convert it to a Commercial.
    Would anyone be able to tell when it has been converted to Commercial what VRT payable on it? Also does anyone know how much it would cost to convert to commercial? If I just pulled out back seat and tinted the windows would this suffice??

Any info would be great.!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

CURLYWATTS wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am looking to import a 99 Nissan Patrol SWB 2.8 Diesel Manual and convert it to a Commercial.
    Would anyone be able to tell when it has been converted to Commercial what VRT payable on it? Also does anyone know how much it would cost to convert to commercial? If I just pulled out back seat and tinted the windows would this suffice??

Any info would be great.!

Lot of threads on here about commercializing 4wds do a search it will tell you a lot.
    Go to the Revenue VRT website, if you can see the vehicle you can see the VRT amount if you enter the details. it will be 13.3% of the OMSP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Click the LINK.

It was in a previous thread on this subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

If its commercial its €50 was the last time i checked anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CURLYWATTS

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I didnt think that vrt on coverted jeep to a commercial was calculated at 13.3%. I checked the wheelbase and it is 2.4meters and Gvm is 2.7 Ton. Can I safely assume that I will just be charged 50Euro when I register the Jeep(After it has been properly converted to commercial).I just want to make sure before I comitt to buy.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Safest thing to do is to just give the Revenue a buzz or use this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Strictly speaking you are supposed to register it immediatley it's in the country. As it's not yet commercial Revenue will catch you driving it fairly quickly and give you one warning to register it. If they catch you again they'll take it.
    I'd import a commercial patrol. Then just pay the 50 euro.
    That's what I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

DATE: 16 July 2009 TIME: 01:02

STATISTICAL CODE: 41687643
    MAKE: NISSAN
    MODEL: PATROL 2.8 (From Oct. 1995)
    VERSION: TD GR SE / VAN / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    MILEAGE: 50000 MILES

The information requested in respect of the vehicle shown is indicated below.
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JANUARY 1999
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
    (applicable on enquiry date) €3463
    RATE OF TAX: 13.3%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €460

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CURLYWATTS

Hi all,

Thanks again for the replies. When I bring the Vehicle into Ireland I am getting it converted straight away. I will not be driving it until it is converted and and vrt paid. I have tried to get a commercial patrol swb in the UK but none there that suits. SWB seem to be hard to get for some reason.

Thanks again.

Advertisement