Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 Home Premium E *Preorder*[£53.56(VAT+deliver incl.)@Amazon]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Good tip, just did and saved £4.98, happy days.

Thanks
    theCzar wrote: »
    Saved myself 5 GBP too, W7 for 47 GBP... sweet.
    Is it not £5 plus 21.5% vat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

how exactly do you change it? I don't want to accidentally cancel my order :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

how exactly do you change it? I don't want to accidentally cancel my order :pac:

Modify order tab- change delivery method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Click Your Account in the top right corner > Click the View Recent and Open Orders button > Log in > Click the View or Change Order button > Click Delivery Option: Change > Select FREE Super Saver Delivery and click Confirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

podge3 wrote: »
    Is it not £5 plus 21.5% vat?
    yeah, I think you're right... 6GBP, huzzah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

thanks guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

my copy of Windows 7 has just shipped with an Post. Total price: £47.51

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

dubmick wrote: »
    my copy of Windows 7 has just shipped with an Post. Total price: £47.51
    Mine too :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

podge3 wrote: »
    Mine too :D.

yeah they've all been sent out today it seems... should have it by Friday :)

• Advertisement

Mine hasn't shipped- still down as 'not despatched yet'.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

This may have been mentioned before in the thread, but there are student discounts available, 30 quid I think, some students can even get free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I wonder how the UK postal strike is going to affect delivery times on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Yes, mine has been shipped too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Yes, mine has been shipped too.

Yep, mine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

Mine shipped today, as well.
    I wonder how the UK postal strike is going to affect delivery times on this?

The order states "1 package via An Post", so hopefully not at all. (And, hopefully, by Friday.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Mine has shipped too
    One of the top BA's Ruu Tks :D

Niska wrote: »
    ... so hopefully not at all. (And, hopefully, by Friday.)

My Windows 7 Pro has just been shipped from ebuyer.com via Parcel Force, so hopefully the UK postage strike won't affect it's delivery.

Big thanks to the OP, cheers.

My Amazon order dispatched this evening too....... Cheers OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Was going to order this but decided I didn't have the money.

Pretty glad I didn't, ended up doing a college course where I get it for free. Downloaded my copy today. Wooo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Was going to order this but decided I didn't have the money.

Pretty glad I didn't, ended up doing a college course where I get it for free. Downloaded my copy today. Wooo.

what college course is that? Is windows 7 available on Dreamspark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Postman just delivered mine!

Total cost £47.51

Cheers Ruu and those who suggested changing to "Super Saver" delivery.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mine arrived today too. Pity I missed the launch events for the free Ultimate, but €53 wasn't too bad I suppose.

Mine arrived today too. Pity I missed the launch events for the free Ultimate, but €53 wasn't too bad I suppose.

I'm loading it up on an Acer Revo 360 as I speak- its saying estimated time for upgrade- 4 hours :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

you really did get a great deal here for about 50 euro
    dell are charging 20 euro to ship the free upgrades :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055715996

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

smccarrick wrote: »
    I'm loading it up on an Acer Revo 360 as I speak- its saying estimated time for upgrade- 4 hours :eek:

I did ultimate on my Dell M65 at the week end as part of a dual boot and took no more than 20 minutes. Had to install a 64 bit graphics driver and thats the only issue I had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

put the ultimate edition on my pc as dual boot 2 night ago, took about 30 mins overall. Nice fast system though lot of my hardware won't work but impressed OS has lots of drivers included.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

TheDriver wrote: »
    put the ultimate edition on my pc as dual boot 2 night ago, took about 30 mins overall. Nice fast system though lot of my hardware won't work but impressed OS has lots of drivers included.

What kind of hardware didnt work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Mine arrived this morning... Thanks again OP. Great value... I was sorry I didnt get one for my wife's laptop as well.

I've been informed that my copy has arrived but that the postman broke my letterbox in the process :eek:

I've been informed that my copy has arrived but that the postman broke my letterbox in the process :eek:

Broke your letter box?
    How?
    (visions of a postie attacking the letterbox with an amazon package......)

• Advertisement

haha

he forced the package in and something broke on the inside, some gold strip.

haha

he forced the package in and something broke on the inside, some gold strip.

Sounds like he has dislocated the spring which keeps the flap down- get a screwdriver and force it back over the bronze strip and presto your postbox fixed again. (careful though- if you catch your finger in the spring- you can take a lump out of it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

My copy of Win 7 HP arrived today from amazon and with the free shipping the total cost is £47.51GBP which is great value. It is also the full version(GFC-00025), the one Komplett is charging €178.50 for (http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=498271), so thanks to RUU for the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

by hardware, I meant a usb scanner which only has xp drivers, that kind of thing. Old stuff that I should get rid of!

TheDriver wrote: »
    by hardware, I meant a usb scanner which only has xp drivers, that kind of thing. Old stuff that I should get rid of!

Install it in Windows 7- and when installing the drivers- rightclick and install in 'compatability mode'......

how is everyone installing this....clean boot, dual boot, upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

how is everyone installing this....clean boot, dual boot, upgrade?

I have a Dell Vista laptop and desktop with XP; for the desktop, reckon will dual-boot for a while, don't want to have to reinstall all my games, and some may not work.

With laptop, happy enough to wipe it, it was a pain to use with Vista!

P.

Upgrade on Vista- clean install on an XP system. The clean install took about 30 mins- the upgrade well over 2 and a half hours.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

Better to upgrade on a clean system. I have installed Windows 7 on many laptops recently and find that if you check your automatic updates a few minutes after the install you will find most of the missing drivers waiting to be downloaded. Driver support is very good, as Windows 7 is essentially Vista done right.

Best to copy your personal files to a USB key and format your system partition (Windows 7 will do that for you during the install). If you have 2GB or more of RAM install the 64-bit version. For 1GB RAM stick with the 32-bit. Windows 7 runs fine on netbooks, not just the Starter Edition. It also runs well on older PCs, such as Pentium 4s, as long as you upgrade the RAM to 1GB or more.

On a side note, I was in Harvey Norman this evening and priced Home Premium at €199 and Ultimate at €319. Glad I attended the launch in DIT last Thursday!
    I did get some free pens and mints, emblazoned with the Windows 7 logo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I did see the initial post but was of the view that Vista would be grand but after further months of frustrations I have decided following reviews to upgrade. Where is the cheapest place to buy the home edition ?

broker2008 wrote: »
    I did see the initial post but was of the view that Vista would be grand but after further months of frustrations I have decided following reviews to upgrade. Where is the cheapest place to buy the home edition ?

There appear to be a few copies floating around adverts? (probably people who pre-ordered more copies than they need). If you're doing an in-situ upgrade- disable any antivirus software or disk writing software (such as In-CD)- it'll save on error messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

I am looking for a copy of win7 (home edition) , intend to install on a newly purchased hard drive, so will be afresh install not an upgrade, cant see it on Amazon for the £47ish mark, it seems to be approx £80. Could someone include a link to it from Amazon or wherever, trying to avoid paying too much for it

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

Your're a few weeks to late. This was a special pre order promotion.
    You would need to pay now the original retail price or get it with a new computer.

Windows 7 Home Premium OEM can be gotten for around £65-70 +VAT from any of the computer upgrade sites (try scan.co.uk, aria.co.uk, overclockers.co.uk, komplett.ie etc). If possible get the 64bit version (with OEM you don't get both)

I just got my Windows 7 Pro delivered, very nice :)

Btw, a few people have been asking me about buying Windows 7 and the best price I can find is €95 on the Komplett.ie website;

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=500038

It's Home Premium, OEM & 32-bit. Can anyone verify if it is the full version? (i.e. not upgrade)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moon54 wrote: »
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=500038

It's OEM & 32-bit. Can anyone verify if it is the full version? (i.e. not upgrade)
    Nah.. I'd say it's full version, as they appear selling the Upgrade version for a €86.50

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

ebuyer.com seems to be the cheapest at 80 sterling each for OEM 32 and OEM 64 and 90 sterling for the complete package - all home premium. Sorry but I didn't check the postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Pc World have the upgrade for about €75
    I dont know if they post here or not though!

basquille wrote: »
    Nah.. I'd say it's full version, as they appear selling the Upgrade version for a €86.50

Ahh great, Thx :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Is it OK to privately buy a US version of Windows 7 with the 3 licence family pack?

I have 3 PC's/laptops in the house and this seems like the cheapest option, but I don't want to find out when I go to activate it that there is some regional restriction.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement