Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 Home Premium E *Preorder*[£53.56(VAT+deliver incl.)@Amazon]

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Do-more wrote: »
    Is it OK to privately buy a US version of Windows 7 with the 3 licence family pack?

I have 3 PC's/laptops in the house and this seems like the cheapest option, but I don't want to find out when I go to activate it that there is some regional restriction.

The family pack is only for upgrades- something to keep in mind.....?
    I don't think there is a region lock on it- but if you have a hunt around ebay- you'll find European versions fairly readily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Cheers Shane, the upgrade is not a problem as they are all running legit vista or XP.

Cheapest Euro family pack I can find is this one for £129.99 have asked seller for a price on shipping if he will do it. Will post answer if he will ship to Ireland. Otherwise I'll trans-ship via family member in UK.

[Edit] Just discovered that PCWorld have the family pack for £129.99 and I'm going to Belfast tomorrow anyway.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Mmcd wrote: »
    Pc World have the upgrade for about €75
    I dont know if they post here or not though!

Was it €75 in the store? I think I saw home Premium (presumably the full version) advertised at €130 in the paper at the weekend from PC World.

Yet its £100 from the UK PC World site. Currently that would be about €110. With the vat difference its approximately another €5 or so. So €115 becomes €130 due to shipping would be the excuse I would say.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?page=ProductList&category_oid=-37472&show_all=true

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

machalla wrote: »
    Was it €75 in the store? I think I saw home Premium (presumably the full version) advertised at €130 in the paper at the weekend from PC World.

Yet its £100 from the UK PC World site. Currently that would be about €110. With the vat difference its approximately another €5 or so. So €115 becomes €130 due to shipping would be the excuse I would say.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?page=ProductList&category_oid=-37472&show_all=true
    At that rate Id say the upgrade is about €99 in store then!

Cheapest Euro family pack I can find is this one for £129.99 have asked seller for a price on shipping if he will do it. Will post answer if he will ship to Ireland.

Just got a reply from that ebayer and he will ship to Ireland for £8 p&p.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Cheers Shane, the upgrade is not a problem as they are all running legit vista or XP.

Cheapest Euro family pack I can find is this one for £129.99 have asked seller for a price on shipping if he will do it. Will post answer if he will ship to Ireland. Otherwise I'll trans-ship via family member in UK.

[Edit] Just discovered that PCWorld have the family pack for £129.99 and I'm going to Belfast tomorrow anyway.

I found AlwaysLowest have it for US$129.75. Plus shipping to Ireland @ US$66.53 = US$196.28 = €133.

But yeah, if you're up in Belfast tomorrow I'd say that's the best option.

benifa wrote: »
    I found AlwaysLowest have it for US$129.75. Plus shipping to Ireland @ US$66.53 = US$196.28 = €133.

But yeah, if you're up in Belfast tomorrow I'd say that's the best option.

Your also likely to get caught for VAT & duty bringing it in by post or courier from the US so there could be a very nasty sting in the tail!

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement