Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret of monkey island: Special Edition (360/PC out now)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Overheal wrote: »
    you know what really needs hints is Kingdom of Loathing. I got stuck very *very* early in.
    *Sigh*

Ok, here you see the Kingdom of Loathing icon? Click it twice... No, click it twice quickly! There you go, first puzzle solved! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Purchased this last night and installed it this morning before heading off to work. I'm looking forward to getting home this evening and reliving the good old days in HD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

will give it a blast later

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

*Sigh*

Ok, here you see the Kingdom of Loathing icon? Click it twice... No, click it twice quickly! There you go, first puzzle solved! :pac:
    not that early. but early enough. i digress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Have to say i really don't like it. having to hit ctrl or alt to get options sucks.
    you would think that with HD it would not have been any trouble to have them
    at the bottom like it used to be. or at least give people the option.

the voices are ok but the updated graphics are not nice at all, in the old game the
    movement of people was not great but now it looks silly like they are cutouts
    on stick being moved about.

was so looking forward to it, I still play all the old scum games about once a
    year on pc and have them on my phone, I even like the new Screaming Narwhal
    monkey island more than this.

I guess if you never played it before at it's core it's still the same great game
    just think they could have done such a better job

Coyote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Coyote wrote: »

I guess if you never played it before at it's core it's still the same great game

Coyote

First time playing it on xbox, and finished just 20 mins ago, and I have to say it was brill!

The humour was great, chuckled a bunch of times. My only fault with it is the length. As it took me almost 3 hours to beat the first chapter, but for the other 3 maybe 1 and a half. Like altogether it was grand, just didn't think it was paced out good.

Still gotta play through for the cheese-mints!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

My xbox red ringed yesterday so I decided to fire up steam to pick this up.

Really enjoying it - bringing back some good memories. It's amazing how the solutions float back as you're playing.

Coyote wrote: »
    Have to say i really don't like it. having to hit ctrl or alt to get options sucks.
    you would think that with HD it would not have been any trouble to have them
    at the bottom like it used to be. or at least give people the option.

Coyote

To be fair I am really enjoying it. I do agree having to hit i to bring up your inventory is a pain but there are keyboard short cuts for the various actions so you soon get used to it.

I've just finished the first part so I'm now on the boat. Fun stuff.

I'll give the monkey island tales a bash once I finish this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They've just released an iPod Touch/iPhone version on the App Store, €5.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Stephen wrote: »
    They've just released an iPod Touch/iPhone version on the App Store, €5.99.

Did you play the ipod touch version yet?

Never played any monkey island games and i love adventure games. If its a rubbish port i might go for the PC version instead?

• Advertisement

I've read the few reviews of it up on the App Store and a lot of people are moaning about the controls having to drag and double tap to move and stuff. Just buy it for PC, least I did :)

Chumpski wrote: »
    Did you play the ipod touch version yet?

Never played any monkey island games and i love adventure games. If its a rubbish port i might go for the PC version instead?

Nah, bought the PC version. Which is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

0ubliette wrote:
    Anyone else picking this up? I literally have a boner here waiting to get out of work and play this
    Dude... ...Dude... ...what the hell!? You just gave me my first genuine laugh of the day. We all know that Escape from Monkey Island (Le Chuck's Revenge) was the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Kevster wrote: »
    Dude... ...Dude... ...what the hell!? You just gave me my first genuine laugh of the day. We all know that Escape from Monkey Island (Le Chuck's Revenge) was the best!

Ya seem a little confused...

Escape From Monkey Island = Monkey Island 4, the 3D one.

Le Chucks Revenge = Monkey Island 2: Le Chucks Revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Downloading it on my iPhone. Can't wait. Although I played it so many times in the 90's I can pretty much remember the solution to every puzzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Got it last week. I'm a very happy wannabe pirate.

They've really done a good job on this.

Anyone playing the Tales of Monkey Island games? 2nd one came out the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

As much as I hate games on the Itouch, they handled this one very well control wise, Why did lucasarts have to stop making funny adventure games?

Because they got fat and lazy milking star wars for all it was worth.

Is this iPod touch version good then? I'm considering buying a voucher later so I can download it from the iTunes stores. Checked out some videos on youtube and the quality looks pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Is this iPod touch version good then? I'm considering buying a voucher later so I can download it from the iTunes stores. Checked out some videos on youtube and the quality looks pretty good.

Aye tis grand so far, only one part gave me difficulty and that was
    scaring away that poxy bird at the back of the bar is fairly difficult on a touch screen.

• Advertisement

Downloaded the iPod Touch version and it is fantastic fun. So many memories are coming flooded back. But does anyone know how to turn off the help hints? they're really annoying

Advertisement