Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP FileUploader

Options
  • 15-07-2009 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi all

Any suggestions for a good, free, easy to use asp file upload component? I'm trying to use the standard html <input> option but it's limited and won't apply my styles correctly.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Ronan_

Whackhead wrote: »
    Hi all

Any suggestions for a good, free, easy to use asp file upload component? I'm trying to use the standard html <input> option but it's limited and won't apply my styles correctly.

Regards
    <asp:FileUpload ID="FileUpload1" runat="server" />

Might this be what you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Be aware that the file uploader can only support 4mb files unless you configure IIS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Ronan_

Be aware that the file uploader can only support 4mb files unless you configure IIS.

Interesting. I was not aware of the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I had to provide this functionality in a website before and ended up using a Third Party Component that was provided with my web host package. I've found that most of the webhosts I've used provided this component or something similar so best off having a look around the control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Ronan_ wrote: »
    <asp:FileUpload ID="FileUpload1" runat="server" />

Might this be what you are looking for?

Probably, not although that's an asp.net control.

• Advertisement
Advertisement