Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idiot gets lost, costs millions to find him

• 15-07-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8150982.stm
    "The millions that have been spent on this search, the man hours and woman hours that have gone into it... all because he goes out on a walk without his mobile phone.

It is understood he had gone for a walk but got lost and did not know how far he had wandered into the wilderness.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Maybe the real idiots,were the ones that spent millions searching for him?.

They should have send a lone st bernard with a brandy barrel around his neck....or a canadian mountie?...they always get their man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

they're all idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

dont_believe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

according to that map he was never more than 3km from the hostel. How in gods name did it take him 12 days to find someone.
    Climb a tree and you can see the freaking city. Im mean for gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

F*cker was hiding in a hospital bed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jamie Neale, from Muswell Hill, north London, went missing in dense bushland in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney.
    It wasn't his fault the whole place was stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Studying politics.....he'll fit right in with the rest them:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

How unloved must you feel knowing your dad couldn't even be arsed to hold out hope for 12 days but instead arrived in Australia and promptly held a "closure ceremony".

Wishful thinking??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Im mean for gods sake.
    I heard you were a bit tight alright. :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I heard you were a bit tight alright. :pac::D

Im a bit hung over today and i cant for the life of me get what you mean by this.

Care to elaborate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Im a bit hung over today and i cant for the life of me get what you mean by this.

Care to elaborate.

It appears to be a play on words, followed by an innuendo - used for comedic purposes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Trí wrote: »
    It appears to be a play on words, followed by an innuendo - used for comedic purposes. :)

This is a world-shattering phenomenon, where someone has to explain an obvious quip to the hard of understanding.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

There's an aborginal fella who stands around at Echo Point in front of the Three-Sisters letting tourists take photo's of himself. They could have sent him into the forest to track the idiot. Probably would have done it for a 6pack of VB and found him a lot quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

the Aussies can afford it, they are amazing, or so they keep telling the rest of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

ejmaztec wrote: »
    This is a world-shattering phenomenon, where someone has to explain an obvious quip to the hard of understanding.:eek:

This is the first time this has ever happened on an internet forum. <insert pacman here to denote sarcasm>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

We walked that trail when we were back there recently.

I have one thing to say to the lost dude. WALK TOWARDS THE THREE BIG ROCKS YOU MONG.
    Its the one thing that stands out around the ruined castle area, the Three Sisters ffs. Its the biggest tourist attraction in the area and it can be seen from everywhere, including where he was found.

I say this from the comfort of my chair of course.

This is the first time this has ever happened on an internet forum. <insert pacman here to denote sarcasm>

Can you explain that please?:confused:

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

the Aussies can afford it, they are amazing, or so they keep telling the rest of the world.

So you are begrudging an entire country now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Bloody Poms, i dunno why Aus lets in all them Poms not one Aussie i met likes the bloddy Poms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

• Advertisement

Bloody Poms, i dunno why Aus lets in all them Poms not one Aussie i met likes the bloddy Poms.

Crikey:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Strewth.
    Recon wrote: »
    the man hours and woman hours

I lol'd

Advertisement