Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC hero

• 15-07-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have an 02 sim card in my current phone.

If I buy the HTC Hero will it work simply by swapping the sim cards?

I'm thinking of the HTC Hero because I want something similar to the Iphone but with an audio player which supports more codecs. Also the GPS is very important to me. I would like somethon on par or better than the GPS functionality in the iphone.

Does the HTC Hero suit my needs?
    Also, is pixmania's price good or can I get better?
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Kevo wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have an 02 sim card in my current phone.

If I buy the HTC Hero will it work simply by swapping the sim cards?

I'm thinking of the HTC Hero because I want something similar to the Iphone but with an audio player which supports more codecs. Also the GPS is very important to me. I would like somethon on par or better than the GPS functionality in the iphone.

Does the HTC Hero suit my needs?
    Also, is pixmania's price good or can I get better?
    Thanks guys.
    It's a excellent phone, a true competitor to the iPhone (unlike what we though the the Palm Pre would be ) and I'm very interested in it myself.

I'm not sure if it's unlocked from Pixmania but it's here on Amazon UK Unlocked for €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

cool. Thanks for the reply.

Can someone recommend a good price plan on 02 bill pay?
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Phones/Free+SIM+cards/O2+Clear+SIM/

O2 Clear 50 New Window €15.07 50 50 Buy Now
    O2 Clear 175 New Window €30.12 175 100 Buy Now
    O2 Clear 350 New Window €50 350 150 Buy Now
    O2 Clear 600 New Window €75.31 600 250 Buy Now

Clear 350 is the only one that mentions internet allowance. I'd rather not spend 50 a month. 30 sounds about right but I don't see the bit about the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

You can probably get an add-on for mobile broadband, I am not with o2 but I know 3 and Vodafone do this.

I am hoping to get this phone too, so will pixmania be selling that colour? If so I would go for that over the white I think...if it also has the protective coating on the back...

Thanks.

3 seem to have some pretty good deals. 19.99 + 9.99 gets me a basic plan and mobile surfing with 1 GB cap.

Pity they don't sell the Hero. Would like to get it for free with a contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Thanks.

3 seem to have some pretty good deals. 19.99 + 9.99 gets me a basic plan and mobile surfing with 1 GB cap.

Pity they don't sell the Hero. Would like to get it for free with a contract.
    If you look at 3s Best of Both, 24.99 + 9.99 gets you 100 any network minutes,100 3 minutes & unlimited any network texts with the mobile surfing

• Advertisement

That's a pretty good offer. I think I'm sold. HTC Hero on 3.

I assume that I can keep my old number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That's a pretty good offer. I think I'm sold. HTC Hero on 3.

I assume that I can keep my old number.
    Id say its just a standard port since they started doin sim only recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Lookin forward to this phone myself. UI looks sweet!

Advertisement