Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CF license when joining a range

Options
  • 15-07-2009 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Good morning, in your experience how hard is it to obtain a license for a .270 Tikka if you are a member of a Range (Tullamore) ?
    I already have a shootgun license and am member of a local gun club.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

iwsf wrote: »
    Good morning, in your experience how hard is it to obtain a license for a .270 Tikka if you are a member of a Range (Tullamore) ?
    I already have a shootgun license and am member of a local gun club.

Thank you

I got my 308 license (it's on the way) solely on the bases of being a member of the Midlands range.
    I had included that it would also be used for deer stalking for the coming season when I get the required permissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

clivej wrote: »
    I got my 308 license (it's on the way) solely on the bases of being a member of the Midlands range.
    I had included that it would also be used for deer stalking for the coming season when I get the required permissions.

now i;m waiting for 223 but in the future, i would like to go to 308.
    how does it works? you getting upgrade to your licence?
    and whats the story with previous rifle..is there limitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

sharky0922 wrote: »
    now i;m waiting for 223 but in the future, i would like to go to 308.
    how does it works? you getting upgrade to your licence?
    and whats the story with previous rifle..is there limitation?

As always you only need a "just and good reason" for getting any calibre rifle. In law there no limitation but as ever the Super will impose his limits to what you can/cannot have.

Advertisement