Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everyday toiletries- toothpaste etc

• 15-07-2009 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hey, does anyone know if there is somewhere that does REALLY cheap toothpastes, toothbrushes, deodarant, body wash, that sort of thing.

This is something that I really wanna just find somewhere really cheap and stock up for the next couple of years if possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

try http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/ i found them V cheap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭gavney

Actually, Guiney's are pretty cheap. I went to buy a load of rain gear for OxygenI and picked up some toothbrushes and toothpaste (Colgate, and not counterfeit). When I checked Dunnes across the road- saw that Dunnes were more than twice the price. Not a huge saving per item, but if you stocked up, you'd save a good bit.

I imagine Lidl has alot of really cheap stuff as well. Like, I think I saw 300ml of their own brand shower gel for 59cent or something ridiculous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭branners69

Check out the €2 Euro shops! You should be able to pick up a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Lidl sells big tubes of colgate toothpaste for 99 cents. Their toothbrushes are really cheap too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

There are a couple of examples of the products on sale with Chemist Direct on this blog here.

http://irishdeals.blogspot.com/2009/07/bargains-from-chemist-direct.html

I have just processed my first order with them tonight, so I cannot vouch for them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 yanav

Cheers everyone.

Bought 10 Colgate whitening toothpastes X100ml in Guiney's also (=1.99 each versus 2.99 in tesco) and a few toothbrushes (colgate 360 1.50 versus 4.20 in Tesco)! And I didn't even know Guiney's sold that sort of stuff!!!!!!

bought some shower gel in Aldi as well really cheap, bought 10 bottles. It smells ok too!

So I reckon I'll be smellin' ok for at least a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Sainsburys ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Diamond Joe

Boots / Tescos basics range or Lidl – or buy mainstream brands and use sparingly

But in Fairness why would you need to stock up for the next few years?

Is there going to be a big price rise on toothpaste? / Are you going into hibernation?

Cosmetics and toiletries can go off and too much clutter can be bad for your mental health !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 yanav

^ Nah, I just wanted to find somewhere that was really cheap, and then stock up, cause I noticed that prices can vary massively from place to place on Toiletries- so may as well find somewhere really cheap, buy loads there (as it's non-perishable)- and then not have to worry if I'm getting ripped off in Dunnes or Tesco

• Advertisement
Advertisement