Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network provided unlock code wrong?

• 15-07-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

I requested an unlock code for a Nokia 2600 from O2 through their automated phone system (Normal speakeasy helpline)

The code was duly sent by text and I followed it precisely.

I've entered it TWICE and received 'code error' or something like that.

I presume that a third wrong entry will lock the phone requiring cable unlock.

I've successfully unlocked at least 3 Nokia's before (using online calculators), so I DO know how to enter the code!

The online calculator's don't support the 2600 hence going through O2.

I've double checked the IMEI that I provided to O2. It's even confirmed in the text that O2 sent back.

What can I do? It's not a phone I want to pay to unlock!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

You got the code from the helpline? Wouldnt that be the PUK code then? Which is used when you enter the PIN wrong 3 times and not for unlocking the phone to different networks

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

No, the phone unlock code is also offered on the help line.

You are prompted for the IMEI number of the handset and are cautioned that you have to have topped up by 150 euro excluding drip feed credit to qualify for receipt of the code. On entry of the IMEI code you are told that your request will be fullfilled in 2 days.

I do know the difference between a PUK and a Handset net work lock!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You wont have to pay for it to be unlocked, they need to be able to unlock it for you once you meet the criteria. They may ask for you to give back the handset to try unlock it, or they may give you another phone which they could have unlocked. Bottom line you ring to contact o2 via CC or the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Got it sorted. Rang O2. Very helpful. There was a second unlock code on their system for the phone which worked fine. ("Phone Restriction Undone" message on completion).

Aparently, according to the CS rep, the code which provided the initial error may still indeed have unlocked the phone.

And, as per last poster, yes, they would unlock the phone for me by post. No charge.

I'm with O2 several years now and have always found their customer service to be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nice result :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Got it sorted. Rang O2. Very helpful. There was a second unlock code on their system for the phone which worked fine. ("Phone Restriction Undone" message on completion).

Aparently, according to the CS rep, the code which provided the initial error may still indeed have unlocked the phone.

And, as per last poster, yes, they would unlock the phone for me by post. No charge.

I'm with O2 several years now and have always found their customer service to be excellent.

My O2 E51 did exactly the same to me twice, but when I tried a VF SIM it worked ok.

Advertisement