Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possibility of some nice sunsets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

mmmm....I better go out and buy a Nikon, I don't want my images lookin flat !! :eek: :pac::p

/sorry, couldn't resist !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Obviously for the most vibrant effect you'd have to shoot it using a Nikon :D

-edit- hahaha. snap -edit-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

I like ham.

<on topic>
    I'm definitely gettin out for this! Thanks for the heads up
    </off topic>

I love bacon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thanks for this ricky!

I'll be shooting Sony so don't worry about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Can we stay on topic even for a little bit longer...

even if I am having Chicken for lunch

Thanks for the heads up Ricky, if we get the clear skies we might be in luck

*since we're sharing I'll be shooting Canon with the possibility of Lubitel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

trishw78 wrote: »
    if we get the clear skies we might be in luck

You have set me thinking about whether the sky needs to be clear, or not to get good images. Perhaps clouds will enhance the effect?

This explains what happens to light when changed by meteorogical condtions.

http://www.wxdude.com/Optical.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Dunno if its directly related but I was fortunate enough to get some stunners (well for me anyway) over the weekend, the skies seemed particularly dramatic. All piddle taking aside thanks for sharing the article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Anouilh wrote: »
    You have set me thinking about whether the sky needs to be clear, or not to get good images. Perhaps clouds will enhance the effect?

Actually yeah that's probably true. We need some wispy high altitude stuff, or some big chunky cumulus to really get some nice colour.

Maybe it's just a conincidence, but there was a beautiful deep red sunset over Galway bay last night.I was kicking myself I didn't have my camera with me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

there was a really nice red sunset in South Kilkenny last night as well untill the rain clouds moved in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Did notice quite a nice sky last night..

Sort of
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61164254&postcount=789

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Got this one from my bedroom window last night at 10.30. That's the Spire on O'Connell Street in Dublin in the centre.

C&C welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Got this one from my bedroom window last night at 10.30. That's the Spire on O'Connell Street in the centre.

C&C welcome!
    Great shot !
    i love the silhoutte's of the chimney's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lycopodium123

all u need is the west of Ireland......some of THE most amazing sunsets i've seen in the world! have a fab one taken in Sligo a few weeks ago but not sure how to upload it here, any tips...?
    hang on, think i got it...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

all u need is the west of Ireland......some of THE most amazing sunsets i've seen in the world! have a fab one taken in Sligo a few weeks ago but not sure how to upload it here, any tips...?
    hang on, think i got it...?

You can post inline too simply by clicking the insertimage.gif and pasting the url of the image

or by wrapping the url in IMG tags

[noparse]<<insert url>>[/noparse]

This should give you your image inline. Try keep them to 800px on the longest side when posting inline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Right well due to a volcano and some unknown magic there might be a possibility of some decent sunsets over here,

Story here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1199352/Red-sky-night-Heavens-turn-crimson-Britain-Russian-volcano-erupts.html

I know it's from a UK paper so may only be for there,But worth keeping an eye out anyway,Did notice quite a nice sky last night..

I had noticed that they were a little more vibrant then usual, so much so that i wen for a cycle up to a big hill about 5 miles away. I remembered that you could shoot the setting sky against a valley and a local church, which i thought would be nice.

Turns out the ESB had planted a big feckin pylon right in the way of where i was going to shoot :mad:

I have a few from mayo that i wasd going to merge with photomatix but i havnt got round to it yet :pac:

Advertisement