Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players Cheating on Fifa 09 !!!

Options
  • 15-07-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Is anyone getting sick of these players cheating on fifa 09 in ranked games ?
    You play a team like Bolton and then you realise when the players enter the pitch that Torres, Ronaldo , Kaka , Messi & Rooney are all playing for bolton ??!! Then you have to quit before 5 minutes before you get hammered !
    Its beginning to get worst everyday , with more and more players doing it!
    Im sick of these cheaters , one guy said to me ' if i could do it , i would '
    Well i wouldn't cause you might as well have a cheat that can grant you automatic wins , its just pointless. No challenge!
    These cheaters are usually **** at the game anyway and need all the help they can get.
    One guy i played ,who cheated like this, was ranked 3000!!!!!
    By the way , my record is 390 wins and 122 losses, ranked around 6900

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

i have it done but dont play ranked matches

at this stage 80% of people have either edited players stats or made the dream team, its not the end the world cuz fifa 10 is out soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Look at their stats on first screen. If Bolton appear as 5 stars, and have 87, 87, 87 in all categories, you know its a custom team.

Just look at the stats before the game. Its easy to spot even with a top team. If United have anything higher than 86, 83, 83, they've been editted.

I do agree, it is a joke. It takes no skill to win with the best players in the game. I hope they fix it for FIFA 10.

its easy to work around the stats thing in fairness, leave the starting 11 and quickly swap it before you start the match

its is stupid, but if you cant beat them, join them :P

i did it yesterday, but i feel guilty winning with the team

i was playin my sisters fella and beat him 5-0 and i felt bad hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

i have it done but dont play ranked matches

at this stage 80% of people have either edited players stats or made the dream team, its not the end the world cuz fifa 10 is out soon

I know 'its not the end of the world' , its just annoying and fifa 10 could be the same as well .
    'Can't beat them , join them' attitude is for quitters and losers!

its a saying :P

anyways i doubt fifa 10 will let it happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I often wonder about the online ranked games, I constantly get hammered and I don't feel I'm THAT bad a player at all. If we're playing exhibitions with the lads I do quite well, but I'd say I've played about 100 games and won about 15 !!

/ attends self denial counsellor

i dont understadn the ranked thing at all

but id say i win 3 and lose 1 type ratio

but due to a previously **** internet connection my stats aint that level

but i aint even got a rank?

The ranking system is a bit stupid. I've won 71, lost 12.... it shows I don't have a rank. But, if you look at the hud of someone I've played recently and view their last matches, it says that I'm ranking ~4000. I can't see that....

Its really screwed up. I hope they fix the rankings and the custom squads for FIFA 10. Its nice to be able to put Owen and Valencia with United, but its a pain in the arse coming against a team of Ronaldo's, Messi's, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

i have played over 600 ranked games and tbh never encountered this on the PS3?

Is this for PC version were ppl mask their stats online!!

How do they do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

I've never noticed this before at all to be honest.
    If your playing a ranked game can they modify the teams?
    or is this just for friendlies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Online should be standardized. Why it isn't for FIFA 09 I have no idea, because it defeats the purpose of competing.

its a glitch that somehow someone found out, how they found it out i have no idea :P

but you can basically transfer anyone into a team and use that team in ranked matches

i tend to only play be a pro online teams these days, or against mates, no interest in ranked matches really

but its only really started happening the last week or 2, everyones at it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Yeah its really bad the last while. I hadnt played much Fifa in the last while and wasnt playing great in the league so after my draw with livelyjojo I needed a bit of practice. Ive realised that playing ranked matches isnt the best way to do this as me being fiorentina im constantly up against messis/ronaldos all in the same team.

Was playing a fella juve v fiorentina and I was winning one nil. He kept sending me party invites which was really wierd. Anyways he sent me a voice message around the 75th minute. Paused the game listend to it and the game froze. Turns out he knew what he was doing as it causes game to crash. Checked his rank and he was 71st in the world :rolleyes:

Anyways best bet now is to just set the match making all time skill level thing to any because you can come up against really **** players with their edited squads but still beat them fairly handy. It makes me happy to beat them and then see them quit during the match. Yay. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

its only on xbox isnt it?in about 200 games on the ps3 ive never encountered it!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Only seen it twice. Beat them both times. I called them both cheatin bstrds afterwards :)

Twice, ever? Jesus, I've seen 6 out of the last 10 alone. Its gotten absolutely ridiculous lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lebowski11

Cheatin bstrds is a term I've used plenty of times when messaging these clowns.I reckon I encounter one of these guys at least once every 6 or 7 games.Its turning into a joke.I played Chelsea last night and the bloke had Torres and ibrahimovic up front.The back 4 was Maicon,Terry,Vidic and Evra.He had the usual dose of Messi,Ronaldo et all in midfield.I noticed when their was 4 minutes gone but couldn't get a hold of the ball to pause and quit before the 5th minute.He beat me 4-3 after extra time.The thing about playing these guys s that one defensive mistake and your screwed no matter which one of the attacking players the ball falls too.It really defeats the purpose of playing a ranked match.Sad cheatin bstrds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 richiewhe

its easy to work around the stats thing in fairness, leave the starting 11 and quickly swap it before you start the match

its is stupid, but if you cant beat them, join them :P

i did it yesterday, but i feel guilty winning with the team

i was playin my sisters fella and beat him 5-0 and i felt bad hahaha
    people like you that have ruined the game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I was wondering what torres, fabregas, ronaldo and rooney were doing playing for fulham...

richiewhe wrote: »
    people like you that have ruined the game

get a grip ya spa you know nothing about what i am like
    i played 1 ranked match with the team, just to see did it work, and i quit it

then i played my sisters fella as a joke

im saying about "its easy to change the stats" thing because people do it

i only play internationls if i bother playing ranked matches, but i mainly play mates and stuff so cop onto yourself ya mouthpiece

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Yeah I think I got one of the first glitchers of this in a game about 2 months ago. He was playing as cameroon, and had Adebayor, Drogba, kaka, iniesta playing for them. I was literally rubbing my eyes thinking "what!??"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

This was suppose to have been fixed last year. It's still allowed in unranked matches. I play regular liverpool in ranked matches and "My dream 11 in unranked matches". If I saw it in a ranked match then I'd quit before kick off.

http://talkplaystation.com/fifa-2009-game-update/
    Removed ability to bring custom teams into Online ranked matches
    Everybody has the option to transfer players in his favorite team and create his own custom dream team. This is an option we want to offer everybody to enjoy the feeling of creating own teams and play matches online or offline. When it comes to ranked competitive online matches we think only real teams should compete against each other to keep everybody’s chances even. So with the update it is no longer possible to enter a ranked match with a custom created team. You will still be able to upload your customized team online as in customized starting line-up with the existing players of that team’s roster

• Registered Users Posts: 10 richiewhe

get a grip ya spa you know nothing about what i am like
    i played 1 ranked match with the team, just to see did it work, and i quit it

then i played my sisters fella as a joke

im saying about "its easy to change the stats" thing because people do it

i only play internationls if i bother playing ranked matches, but i mainly play mates and stuff so cop onto yourself ya mouthpiece
    "ye spa" wat are you five

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Can we stop with the personal attacks please? This seems to be happening to every thread on here lately. On its not just the new people, its some of the "established" members aswell. stop going off at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this didnt bother me. I just beat the guy who had it. The only thing that bugs me is quitters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Folks relax with the personal attacks. Next gets an infraction.

"ye spa" wat are you five

"people like you ruin the game"

what are you 5? quit moaning the game aint ruined your just a drama queen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

"people like you ruin the game"

what are you 5? quit moaning the game aint ruined your just a drama queen

In fairness online ranked games have been ruined pretty much. Any chance that falls to the cheating team has an attacker that can finish a chance no problem.

wat are you five
    what are you 5?

This thread went rapidly downhill.

Quitters = bad.
    Creating super teams = bad.

If you want a super team, just play Ultimate team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

joe123 wrote: »
    Yeah its really bad the last while. I hadnt played much Fifa in the last while and wasnt playing great in the league so after my draw with livelyjojo I needed a bit of practice. Ive realised that playing ranked matches isnt the best way to do this as me being fiorentina im constantly up against messis/ronaldos all in the same team.

Was playing a fella juve v fiorentina and I was winning one nil. He kept sending me party invites which was really wierd. Anyways he sent me a voice message around the 75th minute. Paused the game listend to it and the game froze. Turns out he knew what he was doing as it causes game to crash. Checked his rank and he was 71st in the world :rolleyes:

Anyways best bet now is to just set the match making all time skill level thing to any because you can come up against really **** players with their edited squads but still beat them fairly handy. It makes me happy to beat them and then see them quit during the match. Yay. :cool:

Someone tried that trick on me too, only difference is that I think two people were working together, as I was playing one while receiving a total of 59 party invites off someone else. Ended up crashing over them. I don't know how people figure that stuff out.

Advertisement