Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players Cheating on Fifa 09 !!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

it hasnt "ruined" the game, it has put a slight dent on it

it is easy enough to suss out the cheats before the game starts most the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

it hasnt "ruined" the game, it has put a slight dent on it

it is easy enough to suss out the cheats before the game starts most the time

Well to be honest having to quit a match just when your about to kick off is a pain. Therefore imo its ruined ranked matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I didnt think they were able to use custom teams in ranked matches. It only happened me for the first time the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

I'm afraid this "epidemic" has gotten worse, tonight I played an idiot who had customised players on his team, and they were all savage players. He didn't even bother giving them a name just player1, player2 etc.

Gave him dogs of abuse, didn't even bother kicking off, just quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'm afraid this "epidemic" has gotten worse, tonight I played an idiot who had customised players on his team, and they were all savage players. He didn't even bother giving them a name just player1, player2 etc.

Thats nothing unusual in the least....There is an achievement for winning online with a team of 11 created players. I'm sure that's what he was trying to get.

Also, its not that he didn't bother naming his players, you always see the other guys created players as "Created Player 1" or whatever. Only the person who owns the created player can see his proper name, whether you have 1 created player in your team, or 11. Thats just the way it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I don't know what is going on with people over the last 3-4 days. Maybe I have gotten used to the fact that people have generally been good in this forum. Thats changing now

Everyone is on notice. If you personally insult another person on the board you are getting an immediate 1-week ban. I do not care, if you are new to the forum or if you have been here since day 1. I don't care if I know you well or not. I don't care if it affects your ability to play your league games or not.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Thats nothing unusual in the least....There is an achievement for winning online with a team of 11 created players. I'm sure that's what he was trying to get.

Also, its not that he didn't bother naming his players, you always see the other guys created players as "Created Player 1" or whatever. Only the person who owns the created player can see his proper name, whether you have 1 created player in your team, or 11. Thats just the way it is.

He had 5 created players not 11, and they were all super fast, and could score from all over the place. So no, he was a new breed of the cheat.

He had 5 created players not 11, and they were all super fast, and could score from all over the place. So no, he was a new breed of the cheat.

Not really, from what you describe its still the same as having your Ronaldo's, Messi's, Benzema's, Rooneys, but just with different names. End result is the same.

Can you edit players stats by the way?

Not really, from what you describe its still the same as having your Ronaldo's, Messi's, Benzema's, Rooneys, but just with different names. End result is the same.

Can you edit players stats by the way?

End result the same, but still a different breed :P

Not sure if you can edit player stats, I hope not, I mean things are bad enough!

End result the same, but still a different breed :P

Not sure if you can edit player stats, I hope not, I mean things are bad enough!

I'm not sure you can, but I played one guy who was Real Madrid, all the players had one green glove and one orange glove...

And Huntelaar especially was comfortably beating Ronaldo and Rio for pace which is a little suspicious. Not sure if it can be done, I hope not and it was just the fact he got a run on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

yes it can be done as i said earlier but for some reason i got slated like im the one who invented it or does it

if you do the cheat to make the dream team you can also edit players stats, not that you canmake them 99 on everything you can just make them less aggresive or have a worse touch type thing and add the points you minus from them attributes to other attributes

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lebowski11

These guys are getting worse.Played a guy last night,he picked Roma.I noticed in the intro screen that he had Eto.Messi,Ronaldo etc. in his team so I said fine at least I've spotted so I'll quit before the 5 minute mark.He was the home team so he was kicking off.After kicking off he proceeded to knock the ball around with his back four for 5 mins so I couldn't get the ball and quit.I was sickened and when I did get a hold of the ball I paused the game and sent him a message telling him what I thought of him.The good news is that after a bit of a struggle I beat him 3-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm on PS3 and haven't noticed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I hate this, I played a guy who picked England and had Zico and Cantona playing up front! Ugh, you will always find idiots wherever you go...

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

wong wrote: »
    I hate this, I played a guy who picked England and had Zico and Cantona playing up front! Ugh, you will always find idiots wherever you go...

Yea, i can't understand how that would be satisfying, i mean it's not like your beating someone with skill?
    Your beating them cause you've got a team full of amazing superstars cause your cheating!

Any ideas on how to stop this happening when your online?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

fifa 09 has to be the most bug ridden piece of crap released by EA in years in my opinion, game play is very good but there are major issues which are long standing and they've know about them for months without patching them.

Online leader board is a joke, at least 50% cheaters, Cobh Ramblers are the most used team amongst the top 100 strangely beating barca / utd / spain 3-0 every time, weird.
    Irish guy placed 21 on ps3 leaderboard (should be named and shamed ) his last 10 matches are 3-0 ramblers vrs spain with 0 shots on target. both user accounts should be voided for this.

Custom teams hack is another good one they have known about for months, they even mentioned it on the podcast a few months back stating that its very hard to prove!

shots from kick off is another pile of arse.

matches crashing out for no reason, freezing during goal celebration, common problem i find and its not my internet connecton as afterwards there are no stats awarded either side.

even offline has big problems, i've never managed to finish a manager mode through to finish. come season 7/8 the game freezes after a random match. common problem it seems looking at gaming forums.

and my number one wish for fifa10: please, please if someone quits out of a match dont let them start another online match for say 2mins.

Rant over, sorry. where are my happy pills....

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

gerkeo wrote: »
    and my number one wish for fifa10: please, please if someone quits out of a match dont let them start another online match for say 2mins.
    That one really really boils my bones, last 4 non boards matches i've played have resulted in people quitting. The only thing you can do is submit a negative player review and say they quit early maybe ms will do something about them.
    God it's so annoying, it's like - if your losing take it on the chin,
    god who know's ya might even turn it around and win the match from 2-0 down!
    Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

I've only discovered this problem today (only started playin live yesterday) i was playin some guy in quick match he was acrington and they were 4 star rated i thought no more of it th the match started and cantona zico ronaldo torres and every other good player was on the team this has to be the most annoying thing behind people falsely accusing you of lag cheating i've only been playing 2 days and already it's pi**ing me off big time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Happened me last night. Twice in a row in clubs. A Werder bremen modded team. All Giants will unreal pace skill and shots . and a Real Madrid.

Reported them all. Hate feckers like that

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Happened me last night. Twice in a row in clubs. A Werder bremen modded team. All Giants will unreal pace skill and shots . and a Real Madrid.

Reported them all. Hate feckers like that

How do you report them? i've had to put up with some sarcastic little p****s after they beat me with modded teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Hi guys,

I'm on xbox live with 2 months approx and really am sick of playing modded teams too. The last straw was watching Luca Toni been what Adriano was in Pro Evo a few years back.

I've a few questions (sorry for taking Off topic):

1. Is there a forum where you can play just Irish players? - This is to keep lag to a minimum,

2 Is it too late to join the boards league?

3. my xbox name is greenside rover - If anyone of you want to add me. I'm online maybe 4 nights a week at various stages so it would be nice to play someone who isn't a cheat.

I'm pretty olay at it. I've mastered how to play with Liverpool, Ireland and even Bohs to a certain degree. They'd be my main teams but I'd pick anyone as long as I get a fair game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

im sick of cheaters yesterday i beat someone and they had a dream team i was beating him 3-1 in 87 he disconnected wat bs i txt ur sad nd he said im sickk at this game my name is arsenalBTG1 add me my other account justtt2good add me plz

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

It's unbelievable sometimes, I was playing against a fella who was Valencia with crazy things like Castillas in net and Cantona and Ibrahimovic up front and was up 1-0 with Celtic and he just quits at half time. I don't get why these people even play the game.

I'm getting annoyed at these lads so if anyone wants a game add me.

GT: Crunkussion

It's unbelievable sometimes, I was playing against a fella who was Valencia with crazy things like Castillas in net and Cantona and Ibrahimovic up front and was up 1-0 with Celtic and he just quits at half time. I don't get why these people even play the game.

I'm getting annoyed at these lads so if anyone wants a game add me.

GT: Crunkussion
    i was against that same guy he was valencia cantona ibrahomich so unfair add me my name psn id is justtt2good

looder wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm on xbox live with 2 months approx and really am sick of playing modded teams too. The last straw was watching Luca Toni been what Adriano was in Pro Evo a few years back.

I've a few questions (sorry for taking Off topic):

1. Is there a forum where you can play just Irish players? - This is to keep lag to a minimum,

2 Is it too late to join the boards league?

3. my xbox name is greenside rover - If anyone of you want to add me. I'm online maybe 4 nights a week at various stages so it would be nice to play someone who isn't a cheat.

I'm pretty olay at it. I've mastered how to play with Liverpool, Ireland and even Bohs to a certain degree. They'd be my main teams but I'd pick anyone as long as I get a fair game.
    if u go in fifa match creation go to online lobbies theres a lobby called my country go to that kk m8

gerkeo wrote: »
    fifa 09 has to be the most bug ridden piece of crap released by EA in years in my opinion, game play is very good but there are major issues which are long standing and they've know about them for months without patching them.

Online leader board is a joke, at least 50% cheaters, Cobh Ramblers are the most used team amongst the top 100 strangely beating barca / utd / spain 3-0 every time, weird.
    Irish guy placed 21 on ps3 leaderboard (should be named and shamed ) his last 10 matches are 3-0 ramblers vrs spain with 0 shots on target. both user accounts should be voided for this.

Custom teams hack is another good one they have known about for months, they even mentioned it on the podcast a few months back stating that its very hard to prove!

shots from kick off is another pile of arse.

matches crashing out for no reason, freezing during goal celebration, common problem i find and its not my internet connecton as afterwards there are no stats awarded either side.

even offline has big problems, i've never managed to finish a manager mode through to finish. come season 7/8 the game freezes after a random match. common problem it seems looking at gaming forums.

Rant over, sorry. where are my happy pills....

Agree with everything here.

Its a massive pile of shi!te that you can just pause a game, chose quit, and then hop straight back into another game. All the have to do is to remove the quit game option the same as the the old pro evo's and you don't get half as many quitters, if they think they have to go back to the dashboard or turn off their console. That really pisses me off that you can be losing a game, quit and go right back into another one. Its like they are intentionally facilitating people to be twats. Its not like they need any helping hand.

This whole custom team thing is another massive load of sh!t. When I play most games as Lazio, I'm behind the 8 ball from the off when someone picks a 5 star side, nevermind when they've editted their Liverpool or United squad to have Ronaldo, Torres, Messi, Gerrard, Sergio Ramos, Eto'o, Zlatan, Henry, etc. Again, helping people to be twats.

I wish you could turn off those goal celebration too, or at least search for a quick match with no celebration on. Nothing more annoying than having to sit through them for ages. Again, helping people to actively try and annoy their opponent.

Its obvious that the development team mustn't play FIFA online themselves, otherwise they'd notice the cheating with custom teams, the 75% of people who quit when they are losing a game, etc.

Manager mode is supposed to be greatly improved in FIFA 10, so if 3 out of 4 people quit and your still allowed to have custom teams, it will be mostly offline play for me.

FIFA is supposed to be enjoyable, its not enjoyable when people quit non-stop and cheat with their custom teams. Its supposed to be enjoyable, not frustrating.

Agree with everything here.

Its a massive pile of shi!te that you can just pause a game, chose quit, and then hop straight back into another game. All the have to do is to remove the quit game option the same as the the old pro evo's and you don't get half as many quitters, if they think they have to go back to the dashboard or turn off their console. That really pisses me off that you can be losing a game, quit and go right back into another one. Its like they are intentionally facilitating people to be twats. Its not like they need any helping hand.

This whole custom team thing is another massive load of sh!t. When I play most games as Lazio, I'm behind the 8 ball from the off when someone picks a 5 star side, nevermind when they've editted their Liverpool or United squad to have Ronaldo, Torres, Messi, Gerrard, Sergio Ramos, Eto'o, Zlatan, Henry, etc. Again, helping people to be twats.

I wish you could turn off those goal celebration too, or at least search for a quick match with no celebration on. Nothing more annoying than having to sit through them for ages. Again, helping people to actively try and annoy their opponent.

Its obvious that the development team mustn't play FIFA online themselves, otherwise they'd notice the cheating with custom teams, the 75% of people who quit when they are losing a game, etc.

Manager mode is supposed to be greatly improved in FIFA 10, so if 3 out of 4 people quit and your still allowed to have custom teams, it will be mostly offline play for me.

FIFA is supposed to be enjoyable, its not enjoyable when people quit non-stop and cheat with their custom teams. Its supposed to be enjoyable, not frustrating.
    dat guy who was winning 3-0 was boosting u and ur friend say ur friend makes another account and quit in 6th min u get winthey will probaly do this at least 10 times they do this for clubs aswell if u see recent club games and u see same club played club 5 times in a row they were boosting how do u report this its complete BS :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

liam09 wrote: »
    dat guy who was winning 3-0 was boosting u and ur friend say ur friend makes another account and quit in 6th min u get winthey will probaly do this at least 10 times they do this for clubs aswell if u see recent club games and u see same club played club 5 times in a row they were boosting how do u report this its complete BS :mad:

How would you do that in clubs when it picks a random opponent for you because its ranked? You cant choose who you play against.

Axwell wrote: »
    How would you do that in clubs when it picks a random opponent for you because its ranked? You cant choose who you play against.
    they will go in chat get 6 ppl make a club then 3 on 1 team 3 on other they do a countdown in the chat 1 2 3 4 5 then they press x at the same time if they dont get each other they will try again my friend wanted me to that i said no dats cheating and deleted him wat ur psn name i will add u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Bit off topic here- is it possible to save your playing teams formation and playing squad. Im new to this and like playing as Liverpool but have to change players and formation to be half competative and its a pain in the ass having to do it before every game i play?
    Just wondering?

Advertisement