Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why tevez joined man city

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is a city thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Add Adebayor, Barry, and Robinho to that video aswell :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Heaven forbid City have a bit of money. It's the start of an exciting project and an interesting few years ahead. Similar in many way's to Chelsea Circa Abramovich landing in London. Yes the money is great but any United fan or anyone else easing their pain by saying it was for the money need to take a look at the bigger picture. He chose City over United for whatever reason - deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Add Adebayor, Barry, and Robinho to that video aswell :p

and Satna Cruz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Heaven forbid City have a bit of money. It's the start of an exciting project and an interesting few years ahead. Similar in many way's to Chelsea Circa Abramovich landing in London. Yes the money is great but any United fan or anyone else easing their pain by saying it was for the money need to take a look at the bigger picture. He chose City over United for whatever reason - deal with it.

Yeah, the same reason he chose City over Liverpool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

An Citeog wrote: »
    Yeah, the same reason he chose City over Liverpool!

To be fair I don't think Liverpool were that interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

To be fair I don't think Liverpool had the funds
    Fixed.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So what if one of the reasons was money. You'd do the same if it was a new job and you were being offered more money than you were previously getting.

Money is a part of football these days. Live with it.

Who cares why he joined City?
    Anyone moaning about him going for the money is just jealous their team didn't sign him up, I know I am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I think Tevez was a fantastic player for United and Then Fergie went and took in Berbatov.
    Tevez then played second fiddle to Berba which didn't sit well with him......
    It's obvious when Tevez speaks of Fergie that he doesn't think much of him!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with him going to a club where he will be appreciated for his obvious talents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Exactly, and its not as if players havent went to united ''just for the money'' down the years, its just jealousy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Did Fergie bring him in to stop City getting him last season?
    If you act the bollox Fergie treats you well (Ronaldo, Keane) ,when you work hard and honestly for the team, he ignores you (ala Tevez):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I think the first post on the you-tube page sums it up
    Who's bitter now? A bit rich coming from supporters whose success has been largely financed by shirt-buying people called Jeremy from Buckinghamshire. Maybe he just wanted to go to a club that's not reliant on a nearly retired manager who can only attract injury-prone has-beens.

What's wrong with him going to a club where he will be appreciated for his obvious talents?
    Nothing at all. I just hope hes prepared for the fact that theres a good chance hes going to play even less games this season than last.

Exactly, and its not as if players havent went to united ''just for the money'' down the years, its just jealousy

In fairness at least at United they were signing for the dominant team in English football of the last decade or more, as well as a team with a history of success and a chance to follow in the footsteps of legends like Best, Charlton, Scholes, Keane and Edwards.

flahavaj wrote: »
    In fairness at least at United they were signing for the dominant team in English football of the last decade or more, as well as a team with a history of success and a tradition of having great players play for it.

And then they went and tarnished all this by signing Michael Owen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

flanzer wrote: »
    and Satna Cruz

To be fair santa cruz made a step up.

That_Guy wrote: »
    And then they went and tarnished all this by signing Michael Owen.
    I really fail to see how.:confused:

Owen has nothing at all to with the point we're debating though.

Yeah, really can't wait to see Owen light up the field next season... Why did we bother with Tevez when we coulda got Owen:rolleyes:

Tis a joke good sir.

• Advertisement

Yeah, really can't wait to see Owen light up the field next season... Why did we bother with Tevez when we coulda got Owen:rolleyes:

Unless Owen signed for United "just for the money," like Tevez did at City, thats a debate for elsewhere.

Unless Owen signed for United "just for the money," like Tevez did at City, thats a debate for elsewhere.

AFAIK Owen's contract is on a pay-per-play deal.

Tevez>>>Owen though. Of course Tevez is gonna get paid more but that's because he's a talented player and will work hard for the team.

AFAIK Owen's contract is on a pay-per-play deal.

Tevez>>>Owen though. Of course Tevez is gonna get paid more but that's because he's a talented player and will work hard for the team.

Owen was free, Tevez would have cost a total of £35 mill. If Owen scores 15 goals as a third choice striker and doesn't p*ss and moan all seson like Tevez did I'd be more than happy with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I don't see why everyone is saying Tevez moved for money. TBH, don't see the point of him staying at Man Utd. he's already won the Champion's League and the Premiership with them so what else is there. At least at City he gets to take part in the biggest challenge in the Premier League, breaking the top 4. Can see why he made the move

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't see why everyone is saying Tevez moved for money. TBH, don't see the point of him staying at Man Utd. he's already won the Champion's League and the Premiership with them so what else is there. At least at City he gets to take part in the biggest challenge in the Premier League, breaking the top 4. Can see why he made the move
    Retaining the Champions League from Barca isn't a challenge? Winning consecutive Premierships isn't a challenge? By that logic players would move club everytime they'd achieved success?

You believe that Tevez joined for the money and not for the possibility of playing football at a club where he would be valued, that's your opinion and you are more than welcome to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to dilute this fab "debate" with an opinion about Owen joining a club for the glory!!!!! I'm sure he wasn't too out of pocket by the whole experience:rolleyes:
    God forbid would "****ty CITY" try and even contemplate attaining the success of Man Utd. Football has changed drastically over the past 20 or so years with the amounts of money involved and most teams unless in the top 4 don't stand a hope of competing in the transfer market. This lends them to being a team who can't compete at the top level because of dare I say it "money"

I am delighted to see players head to "****ty CITY" to try and bring something new to the premiership. I only wish the same would happen at Villa, Everton and a few others to bring this tedious monotonous stronghold that the top 4 have had over the premiership for far too long.

This is said from a diehard City fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

Tevez>>>Owen though.

I'd much prefer Owen at his peak than Tevez.
    I'd much prefer Tevez nowadays than Owen.

Excactly my point, couldn't have put it better myself:)

You believe that Tevez joined for the money and not for the possibility of playing football at a club where he would be valued, that's your opinion and you are more than welcome to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to dilute this fab "debate" with an opinion about Owen joining a club for the glory!!!!! I'm sure he wasn't too out of pocket by the whole experience:rolleyes:
    God forbid would "****ty CITY" try and even contemplate attaining the success of Man Utd. Football has changed drastically over the past 20 or so years with the amounts of money involved and most teams unless in the top 4 don't stand a hope of competing in the transfer market. This lends them to being a team who can't compete at the top level because of dare I say it "money"

I am delighted to see players head to "****ty CITY" to try and bring something new to the premiership. I only wish the same would happen at Villa, Everton and a few others to bring this tedious motonous stronghold that the top 4 have had over the premiership for far too long.

This is said from a diehard City fan.
    Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with City and their money, nor am I in any way jealous of their signings. It s actually quite exciting looking at who they're going to sign next, what audacious bid they're going to make next.

But people need to wise up as well. If they weren't offering astronomical pay packets, there no way in the world the likes of Barry would opt for them over Liverpool, theres no way Adebayor would leave a top 4 side to go there etc. I don't blame the players for taking the money either, who wouldn't for it by the way, good luck to them:but claiming it isn't so is plain ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with City and their money, nor am I in any way jealous of their signings. It s actually quite exciting looking at who they're going to sign next, what audacious bid they're going to make next.

But people need to wise up as well. If they weren't offering astronomical pay packets, there no way in the world the likes of Barry would opt for them over Liverpool, theres no way Adebayor would leave a top 4 side to go there etc. I don't blame the players for taking the money either, who wouldn't for it by the way, good luck to them:but claiming it isn't so is plain ridiculous.

See, that's the problem, if you don't have money and can't make big offerings, you can't compete with the big 4 teams
    Even with money some players won't come to play for ya because the big 4 not only have money but also have the past success!!!

Retaining the Champions League from Barca isn't a challenge? Winning consecutive Premierships isn't a challenge? By that logic players would move club everytime they'd achieved success?

Some don't because their loyal (Le Tiss and Totti) and some don't because they're happy winning the same thing over and over again but people can get dissilusioned, you shouldn't discount that and if I was a player, the prospect of more money, the chance to be part of something big from essentially the beginning and a new challenge would appeal.

While I think Adebayor moved for nothing but money (more competition, in less competitions, worse coach, worse facilities, Arsenal haven't won anything in ages so there was massive challenges left) Tevez could have just moved for money, it's possible, but he could have moved to a bigger club for slightly less money if he wanted.I think discounting the idea of a new challenge is completely unfair on the lad. also, he seems to think he was treated like crap at United so he may have wanted to move to their rivals to try and screw them over. Very possible.

BTW, is the transfer a loan or did Man City by out Jarooba...en

See, that's the problem, if you don't have money and can't make big offerings, you can't compete with the big 4 teams
    Even with money some players won't come to play for ya because the big 4 not only have money but also have the past success!!!

Again I have no problem with that, I just wish ye would admit these guys are signing primarily for the massive wages on offer. As you say theres actually nothing wrong with it, its what necessary to compete at the top level.:D

Some don't because their loyal (Le Tiss and Totti) and some don't because they're happy winning the same thing over and over again but people can get dissilusioned, you shouldn't discount that and if I was a player, the prospect of more money, the chance to be part of something big from essentially the beginning and a new challenge would appeal.

While I think Adebayor moved for nothing but money (more competition, in less competitions, worse coach, worse facilities, Arsenal haven't won anything in ages so there was massive challenges left) Tevez could have just moved for money, it's possible, but he could have moved to a bigger club for slightly less money if he wanted.I think discounting the idea of a new challenge is completely unfair on the lad. also, he seems to think he was treated like crap at United so he may have wanted to move to their rivals to try and screw them over. Very possible.

BTW, is the transfer a loan or did Man City by out Jarooba...en

All valid points in fairness and you can't rule those possibilities out, but I'm going to stick to my gut istinct that money is the overriding factor. If it is true that he wanted to screw United over, though, he'd probably have been better off at a club more likely to be competing for trophies with them like Chelsea or Liverpool to be honest.

I think they've bought him outright, but I've also read that Kia (not attempting that surname) has somehow gotten his feet "under the table" at City now, whatever the hell that means.

If I was in tevez' situation and Man City were the only club that offered to get him out of Kia's pocket then I would have jumped at the offer regardless of where they were and their potential. He had a horrible deal with him

If I was in tevez' situation and Man City were the only club that offered to get him out of Kia's pocket then I would have jumped at the offer regardless of where they were and their potential. He had a horrible deal with him

We don't know what other offers, if any were on the table though in fairness, or what the real nature of the City deal is, its all very vague from what I can tell.

• Advertisement

Of course money is a factor in any move from one football ground to another but in the case of Tevez I think his decision to go to City was multi-faceted
    • Sick of playing 2nd fiddle to Berba
    • Obviously felt under appreciated by Fergie
    • Nice, nice wages
    • Chance to be in at the grass roots of something new
    • Get out from under the claw of "his agent" Kia-jia whatever
    • Stick it to the red army by playing for the blue one:D
    • Family is already settled in Manchester
    • City's jersey is definitely more flattering:D
    Whatever his motive, be it money or a combination of the above, I cannot wait to see him tear up the pitch in a city blue strip

Of course money is a factor in any move from one football ground to another but in the case of Tevez I think his decision to go to City was multi-faceted
    • Sick of playing 2nd fiddle to Berba
    • Obviously felt under appreciated by Fergie
    • Nice, nice wages
    • Chance to be in at the grass roots of something new
    • Get out from under the claw of "his agent" Kia-jia whatever
    • Stick it to the red army by playing for the blue one:D
    • Family is already settled in Manchester
    • City's jersey is definitely more flattering:D
    Whatever his motive, be it money or a combination of the above, I cannot wait to see him tear up the pitch in a city blue strip

Most importantly of all he still gets to hang around with his buddies Paddy and Ji-Sun.:D

Advertisement