Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove default username for unregged users

Options
  • 15-07-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

I read PI occasionally and it gets a bit confusing with everyone have the user "Unregistered" when not logged in.
    I see that the Your Username field is already filled in and that's why most just go with that.

Would it be possible to have that field empty by default but forced so the unregged user must choose a temp username?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Mmm, personally, I kinda like the idea that everyone who doesn't choose a username gets approved/disapproved purely on the merit of their post :)

Technically, it's a non-issue; it's really more up to the moderators, community managers, and how such a change might affect the dynamic of the forum.

Would it scare people away if they thought they had to put in a username? Would everyone just type "unregistred" in anyway? or something else common like anonymous?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The confusing part is when there is interaction between two or more users in the thread and they all have the user name "Unregistered".
    Forcing the poster to choose a name when posting may help distinguish posters from one another. I'll notify this thread to PI mods and we'll see what they think.
    Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I actually only asked about this a few days ago thread on this is here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055660581

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah, so it's been addressed.
    Sound thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nice to see someone else spotted it and care enough to start a thread, thanks Magnus.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement