Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any tips

• 15-07-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys,

have my test on monday mornign at 9 in naas... wonder if anyone has any tips for controlling nerves... I get them real bad before the test (wouldnt mind but i never suffer from nerves in general!) I've failed the test twice already and im dreading failing it a 3rd time... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

I would think that maybe bringing a friend with you and going for a cup of tea or coffee before the test. I had my test in Naas back in March, (failed it sadly) and I was really nervous and ended up at the test center about an hour early, so my accompanied driver, who is a friend of mine, took me out for tea and a scone to relax before the test and I found it a great help.

Not sure if that would be for everybody though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I've failed it twice too. Don't dread failing it a third time, if it happens then so be it, you can take it again, it's not the end of the world.

Be as prepared as you can be. Know your road signs and markings and say them aloud when practicing. I found that while I knew what the picture meant it wasn't always easy to put it into words to explain to someone that you understand them. Practice your hand signals.

Keep repeating and repeating your reverse around the corner, your turnabout and your hill start until you are completely confident with them, and try them at a few different locations.

On the morning of the day of my test I took a few drops of rescue remedy on my tongue, it could be a load of codswallop but it's supposed to help calm nerves http://www.rescueremedy.com/ You should be able to get it in any Boots or chemists.

It's probably too late now but when I'm doing my test next I wont be telling people, it worsened my nerves cos I needed to tell too many people, next time I wont.

Best of luck anyway, if you know you've done your best then there's nothing more you can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

many thanks for the advice guys..

its gas cos all my instructors said i'd pass fine and i had no problems driving or whatever (and ive doen a lot of lessons!)

I think in my case i psyche myself out before i get there tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

well in an unfortunate piece of bad luck on the drive down to the test centre the warning light for the seat belt came on in my car... tester got in the car and wouldnt do the test. got the seatbelts checked and it turned out a switch tripped or summit like that so there wasnt anything wrong with them... gotta book it again now. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

DrumSteve wrote: »
    well in an unfortunate piece of bad luck on the drive down to the test centre the warning light for the seat belt came on in my car... tester got in the car and wouldnt do the test. got the seatbelts checked and it turned out a switch tripped or summit like that so there wasnt anything wrong with them... gotta book it again now. :-(

Wow, that's bad luck! Sorry to hear that.

Advertisement