Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abu Dhabi

Options
  • 15-07-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

looking at moving to abu dhabi after been made redundant here.

anyone ever lived there and what to do and what not to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

also whats the story with work permits and all that craic?

is there certain injections u need to get too before u go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eastoryx

Abu Dhabi is no different to any large city in the Middle East except for it has seemed to avoid major recession, unlike Dubai. I have lived in the ME for the past 3 years, moved around quite a bit, and I would have to say Abu Dhabi is one of the nicer places. A little quieter than Dubai but just as nice.

No need for injections for the Middle East. Anyway, if you need them, and you sort out work, u'll pick them up for free usually, being a western expat with a good health package. Work permits are dependant on your employer. You need to be sponsored in the ME to enter as a resident. You can travel for up to 1 month there on a tourist Visa however.

Great city to get into the expat way of life. I highly recommend it.

Advertisement