Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

difference in pricing for BER cert

• 15-07-2009 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Sorry if there's already a thread on this, but there seems to be a HUGE difference in pricing (from 169 to 350 so far for a 3-bed house). Would there be a difference in rating/assessment/service for the lower end price? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wlstan

There would be a difference in service and expertise. There is a wide variety of persons issuing BER's who in my opinion don’t have enough relevant construction background. Also, it would depend on what purpose you require the certificate for, i.e. quickly for a sale of a unit, or for ongoing reduction in energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

shamama wrote: »
    Sorry if there's already a thread on this, but there seems to be a HUGE difference in pricing (from 169 to 350 so far for a 3-bed house). Would there be a difference in rating/assessment/service for the lower end price? Thanks.

Hi Shamama, i agree there is a large variation in BER Prices. The are prices being quoted that do not make sense.

225 - 300 depending on your house is ideal In my opinion. But make sure that any quote you get is all in.. VAT & SEI Fee & Assessors Fee.

You will find that the lower quotes might not be as transparent as you thing.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 legs_akimbo

Afriend of mine put up his 2000 sq ft bungalow on BER cert.com to see what sort of online quotes he would get, most were around the 200 plus mark but one guys quote wad €100.
    Now seeing as €32 or so is taken up with SEI fee with vat and another €20 goes to BERcert .com then perhaps a tenner for petrol this leaves this fella making €38. for which he ultimately has a tax liabillity on....or perhaps not as he certaily wont be making the minimum amount required to indeed have a tax liabillity.
    In effect this BER assessor is doing full BER's for €80 (taking off his .com 20) :(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SilverBER

My brother actually got an apartment rated for €85 through that site (I couldn't do it as you know) . He said the service was fast and the guy - a builder - was friendly, efficient and seemed very knowledgeable. The rating was a D1 and he had the cert by email the same day. The assessor even supplied some reasonably priced CFLs (€2 each) to help enhance the rating. I did an assessment on the apartment for comparison and got the same rating.
    It beats me really. I am thinking of employing this bloke to work for that rate for me!!

Advertisement