Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just a few books for the next while..

• 15-07-2009 1:29pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭

Most of my family gone away at the moment and with summer here, I want to get cracking on a few classics before they come back and the noise comes with them on the 1st of August.. Started already on sunday, lets see how I get on :)

George Orwell - 1984 Finished
    F.Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby Finished
    Franz Kafka - Wedding Preparations in the Country
    Franz Kafka - Metamorphosis and Other stories
    Mark Twain - Huckleberry Finn
    Reading
    James Plunkett - Strumpet City
    D.H. Lawrence - Sons And Lovers

And the real kicker:
    Albert Camus - L'étranger / The Stranger
    Going to be reading this through French.. Mainly for practice.. A dictionary will be needed :P

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

Didn't read anything bar 4 or 5 pages of Hucklberry Finn, yesterday.. Kind of dissapointed as I had plenty of spare time :confused:... Hopefully I'll get cracked into it in the morning and have it finished by Sunday..

Regarding the books I've read so far, 1984 - I loved it :) Truly understand why it's considered a classic by so many..
    The Great Gatsby, a nice and pretty easy read. I liked the characters a lot and when you actually focus on the detail of Fitzgerald's images, you realise their beauty :) There were times while reading it that I was left wondering when and from where the main plot of the story would come. Other than that, I really enjoyed the read.

Advertisement