Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Hortons

Options
  • 15-07-2009 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi

is the a tim hortons in galway, i heard theres one and im very excited!!!! the donuts and coffee are delish!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is Tim Horton coffee and donuts sold in a few places, the Spar? on Mainguard street for one.
    You Canadian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

half canadian, oh my god, i love them so much!!!!! is there any near terryland?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

teresa2008 wrote: »

Think they have it in the petrol station beside the Marriott.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

But they taste of plastic and animal fat - I'd rather eat a bowl of raw whale blubber.

Tim Horton is fictitious - like that creepy rice lad Uncle Ben.

Down with this sort of thing...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

teresa2008 wrote: »

The nicest Tim Hortons stuff I've had in town was down in the Spar around Cross Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Tesco have it too I think, you need to get there early for it though I think

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

Wompa's correct - Tesco in Terryland carry them as well. They're at the very back of the shop, with all of the baked goods.

They're different from the Canadian ones, but they're still pretty good. I still do a double-take when I see someone walking around Galway with a Tim Horton's coffee cup! I grew up in a town with 20 000 people and five Tim Horton's.

And yes, Tim Horton was a real person! He was a professional ice hockey player before being killed in a car accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Speaking of doughnuts, dose anyone know if there's any place in Galway that dose fresh doughnuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

tim hortons' coffee is rank.

And I went to highschool in Hamilton (where there is literally a street corner with 4 tim hortons, one on each corner) so that's practically blasphemy... but... ew.

The donuts are good, but it's pretty hard to screw them up :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The Tim Hortons stuff here is pitiful, really awful, the donuts are *gross* and although I'm not a coffee drinker I love love love Tim Hortons Hot Chocolate (the sugariest thing in the world!) but most of the ones I've seen here don't even sell it, never mind making it nice :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Speaking of doughnuts, dose anyone know if there's any place in Galway that dose fresh doughnuts?

The city market on sat/sunday? sure I was in one of the bakers recently and they had fresh doughnuts...if I remember what it was called or where it was i'll post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Tim Horton's doughnuts in the ESSO station near the old quality hotel in oranmore are really fresh and really good, only €1.20 too. Dunno bout the coffee, never tried the stuff, normal coffee does me fine. Any chance of Dunkin Donuts ever coming to Galway or Starbucks?

starbucks will probably come inevitably, to peddle their overroasted crap coffee flavoured ice cream crappy crap crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Xiney wrote: »
    starbucks will probably come inevitably, to peddle their overroasted crap coffee flavoured ice cream crappy crap crap

Looks like somebody is abit hyper from drinking too much Tim Hortons coffee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Why anybody buys coffee it beyond me! Just make it yourself! Its soo easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

your walking down the street and you fancy a coffee. you have your kettle with you, also mugs milk and suger aswell. where can you plug your kettle into. thats why people buy coffee to take out or sit in. your hardly going to ask starbuks or whoever can i plug in my kettle please

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Spadina wrote: »
    The Tim Hortons stuff here is pitiful, really awful, the donuts are *gross* and although I'm not a coffee drinker I love love love Tim Hortons Hot Chocolate (the sugariest thing in the world!) but most of the ones I've seen here don't even sell it, never mind making it nice :(
    that time of the month ?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Xiney wrote: »
    In fairness Tim Horton's coffee (and I'm talking about the stuff in the local Esso) is better than Starbucks. So, given the choice ...

Given he was a hockey player maybe we need a GAA equivalent instead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

3fullback wrote: »
    that time of the month ?

'Scuse me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

IMO Tim Horton's coffee is rotten, nearly as bad as that Coffee Express stuff you see in the odd petrol station (plasticy taste from the coffee, not the paper cup.).

The thing is though, as a franchise, maybe Irish vendors are just using the branding and getting shi1te coffee beans for the machine? I could be wrong.

You can't go wrong with Bewleys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

The Tim Hortons in the Spar on Mainguard St. used to be very good, was great for a €2 coffee, however from it's opening day there it seem's to have never been cleaned and went from pretty reasonable to tasting like tramps bathwater. I gave up on it now, best cheap coffee comes from any of the Fairplay forecourt's in Topaz garages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

There's a guy in the market who does amazing doughnuts, they're 70c each and usually still hot. There's a stall in the Eyre Square centre that does fresh mini doughnuts, I haven't tried them but the smell that comes from the stand is disgusting and it's put me off giving them a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

But they taste of plastic and animal fat

Wow, you must have quite the developed sense of taste to recognise such flavours which would be seen as uncommon in the donut world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

I have no idea what or who is Tim Hortons.

From what i gather its a starbucks type coffee place, something we can do without in Galway.

Actually i dislike coffee greatly, Cupan Tae FTW!

Tim Horton's is the Canadian Dunkin Donuts. It was started by a guy named Tim Horton, who played Ice Hockey for the Toronto Maple Leafs (ew)

After he started his coffee/donut shops in Hamilton, Ontario (which has a RIDICULOUS amount of Tim Hortons - for example from my high school I could walk to.... 7 or 8 within 5 minutes? Driving for the same amount of time you'd probably be in the 20s) he crashed his car because he was doing 160 km/h while on drugs. Nice.

From Wikipedia:
    Tim Hortons also made a deal with the SPAR convenience store chain in the UK and Ireland, resulting in Tim Hortons coffee and doughnuts being sold at small self service counters in 50 SPAR stores as of April 30, 2007.

I do agree with Spadina though - the hot chocolate is basically super heated sugar.... got me more wired during exams than coffee ever would. However, without Roll Up the Rim to Win, Tim Hortons is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Ha Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

French Vanilla in Bohermore RB garage is my favourite but Tim does a nice cup too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Why anybody buys beer in a pub is beyond me! Just open a can at home! It's sooo easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

JustMary wrote: »
    Why anybody buys beer in a pub is beyond me! Just open a can at home! It's sooo easy.

Social aspect.
    Sadly lacking from your coffee shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

majiktripp wrote: »
    The Tim Hortons in the Spar on Mainguard St. used to be very good, was great for a €2 coffee, however from it's opening day there it seem's to have never been cleaned and went from pretty reasonable to tasting like tramps bathwater. I gave up on it now, best cheap coffee comes from any of the Fairplay forecourt's in Topaz garages.

€2 for a takeaway coffee is a jip these days, you can get it for a quid or cheaper in several locations around town. However as an earlier poster mentioned I prefer to make my own, cheaper and much tastier.

Advertisement