Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker forum Open Tips

Options
  • 15-07-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭

Boyles are paying the top 8 in the Open.

Tips please folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

KevIRL wrote: »

Tips please folks.

spencerjames (who knows his golf, allegedly) tipped me Ian Poulter last week. The meagre PP balance is riding on him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Watney IMO.

Perry and Mahan too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Im going for Sergio, Westwood and Bejaysus (i mean Villegas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Tips please folks.
    So you want men to spend the rest of the day working out my bets for the open and then post them in this cursed place:eek::rolleyes:

open a new thread!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

elshambo wrote: »
    So you want men to spend the rest of the day working out my bets for the open and then post them in this cursed place:eek::rolleyes:

open a new thread!:cool:

Good point. New thread opened.

Down with the BBV!

• Advertisement

How about a $20 sweep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Tips please folks.

Anthony Kim

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Abuse of mod power ftw. Anyone else try creating random threads and pointing to this as a precedent will be banned for 432 days approx.

Killme00 wrote: »
    How about a $20 sweep?

IN

Tiger Woods please :pac:

I hear he has an outside chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

WTF? was that doing in here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Killme00 wrote: »
    How about a $20 sweep?

Good idea, but it needs to be an actual draw as opposed to everyone just picking a player imo

Good idea, but it needs to be an actual draw as opposed to everyone just picking a player imo

I think it can work both ways, highest placed of the picked players wins the loots but i'll defer to the majority

OR

divide the number of golfers by the number of entrants and that way everyone has multiple horses (by lottery obviously)

I want McIllroy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

When we are on about consumer rip offs I meant to say this to Willie last week.

The tablets he's using for his shingles are an anti viral that I have someone at home on full time as a prophylactic for an ongoing condition. A low dose pack that does for a month costs over 70 euro. We can use more if there is a need to up the dosage at any time.

You can walk in to any high street pharmacist in Cairo and buy the same GSK branded and sealed product for 45 EGP which was about a fiver the last time i looked.
    In South Africa I picked up a double dosage packet of the generic product for 6 euro the branded one was the same for half the dose.
    WTF?

ban off topic.

There is a 100 per month limit per household scheme, so if you are over this every month it's free. Got my drugs free as the previous misdiagnosis drungs put me over the ton. still dying fking thing

for the open I have Kaymar and Toms.

IN

Tiger Woods please :pac:

I hear he has an outside chance

The Phil Ivey of golf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anthony Kim

Your man crush on Kim is scaring me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Im on westwood at 28s but Ollie Wilson is a good price at 125s IMO. Both prob much bigger on Betfair I know before the Nazis arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Paul Casey 33s Adam Scott 50s and Kenny Perry 50s cos hes in decent form.

Laying tiger for my betfair balance again. Goin on hols wit all my winnins or else goin to jail for not paying my bills...Win win either way imo :D:D:D

Whyno wrote: »
    Paul Casey 33s Adam Scott 50s and Kenny Perry 50s cos hes in decent form.

Laying tiger for my betfair balance again. Goin on hols wit all my winnins or else goin to jail for not paying my bills...Win win either way imo :D:D:D

How is going to jail win win unless........... Oh I get it, hmmm was that a sneaky way of exiting the closet:D

How is going to jail win win unless........... Oh I get it, hmmm was that a sneaky way of exiting the closet:D

Well it would mean gettin away from the nag of a GF....Or else you could have somethin der....:D swingin FTW :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭malinh

Big Ad on the front of either Times or Indo sport section for PP paying top 7. Seems like a good deal until you flick a few pages and Boyles ad for paying top 8. PP essentially paid to highlight the fact Boyles are giving a better deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

No clue about golf but this offer from Boyles seems like serious value so put a few bets on. Greg Norman is the big one, whoever he is. So how long will this Open be on for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

malinh wrote: »
    Big Ad on the front of either Times or Indo sport section for PP paying top 7. Seems like a good deal until you flick a few pages and Boyles ad for paying top 8. PP essentially paid to highlight the fact Boyles are giving a better deal.

Great value for a bet today. As soon as it goes live most sites change to paying 4 places. Might drop Customer Services a line to see if this'll change this weekend. Won't be betting til after 10am 2moro.

From Boyles: "We are offering 8 places until midnight tonight, then 7 places till tee off and when the market goes in play we will be offer 5 places. Obviously the in play place terms will decrease as the tournament progresses"

The Phil Ivey of golf

I know fcuk all about golf

but I'm taking this to mean that after a hard week crushing the best players in the world and winning the Open, he then blows all his winnings playing high-stakes crazy golf? Please tell me this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

malinh wrote: »

In fairness to PP they had announced and had been offering 7 places well before Boyles decided to go 8 places . Competition between the crooks ftw :D

Oh yeah and Goosen and Westwood are my two against the field and a patriotic bet on McDowell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

They dont seem to have the best price for any golfer

so if your backing a guy who you think has a REAL chance of winning, might be better off taking the price elsewhere:pac:

+8th place will generally be a group (no not always football forum heads :rolleyes:)
    so it will be eg 1/2 or 1/4 of 1/4 the odds etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

Anyone able to give me prices from Boyles for:

Lucas Glover
    Miguel Angel Jimenez
    Martin Kaymer
    Ian Poulter

Cheers

Lucas Glover 100/1
    Miguel Angel Jimenez 110/1
    Martin Kaymer 40/1
    Ian Poulter 30/1

Cheers

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Lucas Glover 100/1
    Miguel Angel Jimenez 110/1
    Martin Kaymer 40/1
    Ian Poulter 30/1

Cheers
    My picks for The Open. Obviously i'm not going to back all of these but hey are the ones i think can win it or run into a place.

Sergio Garcia: I doubt that i'll back Sergio because while he undoubtedly has the talent, i think that his price is too short at 22/1.

Retief Goosen: Playing well recently and should really have won last week. Will be solid as ever and will definatly be in the mix to win. 40/1

Geoff Ogilvy: Not a player i would normally back but at 45/1 is a good bet.

Graeme McDowall:
    My big tip this week. Very used to links courses and is good value at 66/1 where value is difficult to find this week.

Angel Cabrera: 70/1 is a decent price for a 2 time major winner especially considering he won the masters this year. Has proved he has the mentality to win the big ones.

Mike Weir: Played very well in the first 2 rounds of the US Open and while i'm not sure if he's suited to this type of course, he is a solid golfer and so will have a small e/w @100/1

Justin Rose: Another player at 100/1 who has the ability to string a few good rounds together. Considering that the other english players are no better than him and are priced in the 20s and 30s i can't turn him down.

David Duval: A sentimental bet in the US Open netted me €130 and while he doesn't justify the 110/1 price i have to give him a chance. He is a former World no. 1 (while woods was in his prime) and looks like he is getting his game back. He was very unlucky in his final round of the US Open on a few holes and has won this tournament before.

Chad Campbell: Played extremely well in the US Masters this year. Don't think the course will suit him Small e/w at 200s

Todd Hamilton: Former (shock) winner at this tournament and it would be another shock if he did it again. However he does seem to play quite solidly in the majors and could run into a place. 250/1

Greg Norman: Played suberbly well in last years open but really is only a sentimental bet at 300/1. Then again, remember what i said about Duval?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Poulter seems like a good tip actually.

I'd tip Ross Fisher as he's busting for a win. 5th in the U.S open and really striking it good.

Darren Clarke for best of the Irish market as he coming back into a bit of form and hes a good links player because he drives it low and plays shots suited to linksy courses.

Advertisement