Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grants if youre working full time?

Options
  • 15-07-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

im going back to college in september, but ill be working full time as its only a 3evening a week h dip, does anyone know if ill still be able to get a grant, and from where? i got a grant for my degree but i was living at home then. and does anyone know if i was eligible for a grant, i have to pay the money first then claim it back off them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Fergus08

The short answer to your question is: no. Unfortunately, once you're in postgraduate study there are few grants available. And none for part time study. There are stipends etc for research MSc and PhD degrees, but nothing for HDip, taught MAs and so on.

You will be able to reclaim tax back on your fees from the Revenue - give them a ring and they'll update you with the details. Aside from that as a part time student working in a full time job you're entitled to nothing, sorry to say.

Advertisement