Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to make with Chicken Wings

Options
  • 15-07-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

I'm cooking spicy chicken wings this evening for dinner but don't know what to do with them. I think chips may be a bit boring. Anyone any suggestions. otherwise it'll be chips and maybe a side salad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

how about some home made spiced cajun wedges and coleslaw

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

How about a big salad, some tzatziki dip and crusty bread?

Or you could have them with blue cheese dip, celery sticks and chips, there's a recipe around for a nice blue cheese dip (think it's from Minder)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah, wedges is the way to go.

Leave the skins on some roughly chopped potatoes, rub with olive oil and salt so they get crunchy. Make up a spice mixture, some paprika and garlic maybe and rub this on them too.

Lash them in the oven for about a half hour, if they need more time give them more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

If it's Buffalo wings, have a a slice or two of cheese and tomato pizza; celery & blue cheese dressing and a couple of cold beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

Theres nothing better with wings than a nice big.......pint of ice cold beer!
    Their finger food/party food/nibbles, i only ever enjoy them, when we plonk a big bowl of them in the middle of the table and pick away, chatting and relaxing.

But as the rest suggest some nice salads, dips (cheese based are best) and the coleslaws and rice salads or cous-cous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I agree with most here on the cold beer and wedges, if you don't fancy wedges try potato skins, yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Definitely going to go with the wedges and a bit of side salad. Thanks everyone. Oh and the beers as well. I definitely won't forget them!

Advertisement