Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about the retail expansion packs

Options
  • 15-07-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

I have wow installed on my comp and updated to the latest patch w/ tbc bought. I was just wondering if the expansion came with any time to put on the account, or must that be bought seperatley?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

The game and the 2 expansions need to be bought.

Or you could have downloaded the game for free and after the trial then upgraded to a full account. But still need to buy the 2 expansions to be able to get to lvl 80.

Well it used to be this way, unless they have changed it with me unknowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

the expansions does not hold any free time on them like the orginal game does.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

Do you mean game time hun as in when you bought the game do you have to pay upfront to actually play it by subscription or game card or does it have free time with the purchase?

If so AFAIK its 30 days free play with the orginal game and then none with the expansion though I could be wrong. Best way to check is if you have the box there just read the small text on the back and it will tell you. The other way would be to check your account management page and it will tell you when your play time runs out.

As BadCharlie pointed out though if you are asking about what each gives you - In order to roll BE of Drae you need to have TBC installed and if you want to use Inscription or visit northrend you need to have The Lich Also.

You can play though 1-60 with the orginal game but you can only choose the orginal races/classes and professions. Each expansion then just opens more to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭pagancornflake

I have the original and TBC nstalled and paid for, and I'm debating buying wotlk as my main and all my alts are 68-70. I was just asking because I could have sworn that i got some time free with tbc, though I could be wrong (money is tight and I am reluctant to pay 35 quid for wotlk and then 20 quid for the subscription time :P)

Advertisement