Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IR signal over coaxial network

Options
  • 15-07-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I currently have a coaxial network in the house which has an signal amplifier (SLX PSU Masthead). Anyway I have NTL digital and I want to be able to control the digibox from the bedroom. I want to put the IR signal over the cable as at present I am using a separate wireless IR signal transmitter. Anybody know what bits do I need for the solution and how it is to be connected?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jen85

You can pick up a reciever that can be used as a sky eye in maplins and they have a seperate product of the same make that can attach to the the other of the coax rather than a sky box,its a blaster,which would be placed in front of your ntl box signal is recieved at the tv via the eye reciever down the coax and out the blaster onto the ntl box(basically a long ir repeater over coax),i think this requires 1 coax for the ir contril i dont know for sure wether it sends the ntl signal aswell.

Think the brand is SLX sorry its (SMART EYE) the reciever is €15, not to sure bout the blaster but id say €15 too.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just be sure it's compatible with your cable box, as some/many are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Why not just send the IR signal over RF (often called IR Extenders), and leave your coaxial cable as it is...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-PowerMid-XL-infrared-extender/dp/B000GIXH42

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jen85

thats the one james

• Advertisement
Advertisement