Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cineworld prices

Options
  • 15-07-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭

Is it my imagination or have they recently put their prices up? An adult ticket is now €10.40, I'm fairly sure it was €10. Do cinemas do well much during a recession? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The majority of the profit they make is on the popcorn and other consumables and in a recessoin people don't buy as much, for the first few weeks the takings from a moive goes back to the distributor and it's only after that then the cinema gets a precentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

The cinema is pretty expensive alright...I have an unlimited card which costs 19.99 a month, can see all the movies I want! It's a great idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

get the uk card instead. you can use it in any cineworld and its a lot cheaper.

My Irish card is up this month I will be getting a Uk card for me and the OH and am set to save €100 after conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

hobochris wrote: »
    get the uk card instead. you can use it in any cineworld and its a lot cheaper.

My Irish card is up this month I will be getting a Uk card for me and the OH and am set to save €100 after conversion.
    Is it still easy enough to do that? I was thinking of getting the card again, but not at the Irish prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I went to see Public Enemies in there on Sun, complete crap film if anyone's wondering, I was charged €10.40

She gave me €10.40 change from a €20 note :D

Take that bítch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Just back from seeing Harry Potter. Cost €21.70 for me and the missus, booked the tickets over the interwebs last week. Best €10.85 for a sleep I've spent so far this year. The missus wasn't (and still isn't) too impressed, but well, it was harry potter, I prefer the books. Back on topic, yeah they put the prices recently:pac:

Advertisement