Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney's fascination with Annie.

Options
  • 15-07-2009 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭

Why are middle aged men with talk shows on the most widely listened to radio station in the country making us listen to limerick young ones singing tomorrow again and again.

In addition, why do his listeners encourage this by paying in to watch this junk?

I dont have anything personal against Derek Mooney, however, I had to listen to his show the other day (HAD TO) and was less than impressed.

Am I the only person who thinks this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Haha it is a bit funny that he mentions Annie quite a bit but he's pretty quirky anyway.
    I like his show in general apart from the wildlife sections with Eanna, it's not Mooney gone wild anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

didn't they / aren't they running a competition to select Annie? Think I heard that anyway.
    http://www.rte.ie/radio/mooneygoeswild/fp2009/april24.html

edit, sorry didn't see you knew about the competition, I'll let flutterinbantam explain the hows and whys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Yes teebs they did run a competition to select an "Annie" and the winner was on today.
    Seems she is a very good performer and is wowing the crowds wherever the show is on.

Don't know the context as to why the insert was on today but in fairness she has a good set of lungs.

What would worry me more is Tubridy's obsession with the one who is in the Harry Potter movies, from Carlow I believe.

The Flutt can't get his head around the mutual admiration society the seem to belong to.

A wee bit too sophisticated and self assured for the Flutts taste.

Sommat dudnt ring true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

orourkeda wrote: »
    Why are middle aged men with talk shows on the most widely listened to radio station in the country making us listen to limerick young ones singing tomorrow again and again.

In addition, why do his listeners encourage this by paying in to watch this junk?

I dont have anything personal against Derek Mooney, however, I had to listen to his show the other day (HAD TO) and was less than impressed.

Am I the only person who thinks this?

I hate Derek Mooney. I hate the way he cuts in on people mid sentence and he gets irate and bitchy if anyone disagrees with or corrects him.
    I was just about able to put up with him before he came out. Now he's just plain rude.

Came out:eek::eek:

WTF:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mooney gone wild Flutterin', long since.

Never knew it was official Mike, always knew it was true.

There ya are,totally out of touch with the ghey scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

What would worry me more is Tubridy's obsession with the one who is in the Harry Potter movies, from Carlow I believe.

She's from Louth, actually. You may be mixing her up with the young one who was in Atonement. Caught Tubridy with the Harry Potter girl. It was cringeworthy stuff alright. But it made me realise that Tubbers' sense of humour is the same as a 14-year-old's. He has all the wisdom and humanity of a second year schoolgirl plus all the charm and freshness of a thirtysomething father of two. That's some winning combination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

That explains it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Alessandra wrote: »
    I like his show in general apart from the wildlife sections with Eanna, !

I'm with you on that, just can't bear that woman. I switch Monney off on friday as soon as I hear her voice.

Off topic but I hate Aine Lawlor on the radio or TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Derek Mooney's fascination with F Annie.

Surely not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

no gossip please, discobeaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Didnt know that Mooney had offically come out. I like him on the show, he's very funny. He's down to earth, not pretentious like Tubridy. He's actually funny, unlike Tubridy who thinks he's funny (and has the real irritating habit of finishing people's sentences with something he thinks is funny).

I like the way Mooney is not afraid to ask the stupid questions about something he owes nothing about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Didn't know that he came out either. Well not in the sense of a revealing personal interview in the likes of VIP mag (or the RTE guide fro that matter:pac:).
    I thought he was still using the wonderfully victorian like euphemism "swatting flies in Amterdam".
    Does anyone know what media he used for this official declaration?

'Coming out' is a little different than mentioning a gay dalliance in passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

humberklog wrote: »
    Didn't know that he came out either. Well not in the sense of a revealing personal interview in the likes of VIP mag (or the RTE guide fro that matter:pac:).
    I thought he was still using the wonderfully victorian like euphemism "swatting flies in Amterdam".
    Does anyone know what media he used for this official declaration?

'Coming out' is a little different than mentioning a gay dalliance in passing.

He did. It was in one of the magazines that come with the weekend newspapers. Either the mag with Saturday's Irish Independent or the Sunday Tribune Magazine. Can't remember which.

brettmirl wrote: »
    He did. It was in one of the magazines that come with the weekend newspapers. Either the mag with Saturday's Irish Independent or the Sunday Tribune Magazine. Can't remember which.

Is he playing the field or has he a regular "dancing partner"?

Good show today, someone on talking about the myth and facts about scientific breakthroughs arising from the lunar landings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

humberklog wrote: »
    Is he playing the field or has he a regular "dancing partner"?

Why? Are ya interested? :pac:

brettmirl wrote: »
    Why? Are ya interested? :pac:

I'm always up for a spot of fly swatting...Oooooh matron.

jaysus

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement