Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will you be taking the swine flu vaccination this autumn?

• 15-07-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Will you be taking the swine flu vaccination this autumn?

H1N1 vaccination, will you be having it? 40 votes

Of course I'll get the vaccine, I have my sleeve rolled up already!
    0%
    No f***ing way.
    32%
    oscarBravoGerardKeatingrameireandrewAuversweederGran Hermanoemollettmutul8Iwasfrozennehpets5555oncevotedffFutureTaoiseach 13 votes
    Not decided yet.
    67%
    CrashMac daddyblackgold>>BlackWizardPrivate JokerhumanjiStevek101[Deleted User]derryJocksereireshockwavebabaloushkabigtom71suey71espinolmanCR 7Martinogjonbravosamson09Suzannem 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not decided yet.
    Answers are a bit loaded, aren't they? :D

Personally, I won't because I had a bad reaction a few years ago with the last flu-vaccine I had and not because I believe in any conspiracy.

If, by some bizarre miracle of nature, the virus starts wiping out the population of Earth on a mass scale, I might change my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I'm not sure if I will. Not because of some conspiracy theory, but because I hate going to the doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭LeotheLion

<abuse removed by bonkey - LeotheLion banned for a week>
    Who ever said the vaccine will be available in the autumn?? and Dr margaret chan from the WHO admitted the vaccine was not tested enough to confirm it's safety.
    it could be the end of the year before it's licensed NOT AUTUMN!

People can make up their own minds they dont need a fruitcake like you constantly posting rubbish.

COP ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭oncevotedff

No f***ing way.
    I get a flu vaccination every year. I don't know what brand of flu they'll be vaccinating this year but I'll be getting it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 mutul8

No f***ing way.
    it is possible it will be available in the Autumn - one from baxters the other from Novartis - Novartis are ramping up production as we speak!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

Not decided yet.
    LeotheLion wrote: »
    <abuse removed by bonkey>

Who ever said the vaccine will be available in the autumn?? and Dr margaret chan from the WHO admitted the vaccine was not tested enough to confirm it's safety.
    it could be the end of the year before it's licensed NOT AUTUMN!

People can make up their own minds they dont need a fruitcake like you constantly posting rubbish.

COP ON!

Surely you can articulate a reply that isn't so obnoxious? As you say, everyone should be free to make up their own minds, but if you've actually bothered to read the "rubbish" I've been posting you would be aware that the WHO has stated that vaccinations will be mandatory in the case of a "pandemic emergency".

Btw, this is just a poll. If you want to discuss any aspects of the swine flu vaccine there's a thread already open in CT and another one in the Bio/Med forum for the non CT'ers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Not decided yet.
    I for one won't be taking it.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

No f***ing way.
    Can't think of a compelling reason not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Not decided yet.
    oscarBravo wrote: »

It's not open source? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

No f***ing way.
    Autumn, according to Sky News we'll all be long dead by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not decided yet.
    Sadly, I was stuck watching a bit of Sky News and they were reporting on the flu. It was hilarious how they were going on about it. Most experts were saying that we'll be grand, but pointed out that a worst case scenario could leave up to 65,000 people dead. The news reader then went on to say how this will cause problems for small businesses. Thank god they've got their priorities right. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Not decided yet.
    The Undecided might find they get decided with a vaccine team that hits thier house in the middle for a forced vacccine campain

The NO F**K**G way lot will have thier houses full for food and water and the pitch forks shapened so might be left alone in the standoff the concept is they are too risky to attack .Once the first vaccine victims mostly health workers garda army who get first shot of the vacccine start dieng like flies first they will be too busy buring them to come force you to take vacccine as they will figure your correct to not take the vaccine .

after that its risks to be severe chaos as the army and garda no longer effectivily exist

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

Not decided yet.
    derry wrote: »
    The Undecided might find they get decided with a vaccine team that hits thier house in the middle for a forced vacccine campain

The NO F**K**G way lot will have thier houses full for food and water and the pitch forks shapened so might be left alone in the standoff the concept is they are too risky to attack .Once the first vaccine victims mostly health workers garda army who get first shot of the vacccine start dieng like flies first they will be too busy buring them to come force you to take vacccine as they will figure your correct to not take the vaccine .

after that its risks to be severe chaos as the army and garda no longer effectivily exist

Derry

Hey Derry,

You should listen to this, its on now, Dr. Rebecca Carley ~Vaccinations & Evil WhiteCoats.

http://www.amd.elequity.com/

People mighnt die that quick. We could see a lot of long term effects caused by stuff like squalene oil, such as auto immune and neurological problems. Or it could be the "1-2-3 shot", the first vaccine shuts down the immune system, the second one floods the body with viruses which infect every single cell in your body and the third vaccine reactivates the immune system, goodnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Not decided yet.
    I won't be taking the jab, but I think we should all be asking ourselves.
    Will I let my kids take it?
    Will I even have a choice in the matter?
    Will the schools bring in Doctors to vaccinate the kids?
    If we're given a choice in the matter and decide not to get our kids vaccinated, will our kids be allowed to attend school this September?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Not decided yet.
    oscarBravo wrote: »

Examples like this make me think twice
    The US Secretary of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius, has just signed a decree granting vaccine makers total legal immunity from any lawsuits that result from any new “Swine Flu” vaccine

And this one
    A full year before any reported case of the current alleged H1N1, the major pharmaceutical company, Baxter, filed for a patent for H1N1 vaccine: Baxter Vaccine Patent Application US 2009/0060950 A1. Their application states, “the composition or vaccine comprises more than one antigen…..such as influenza A and influenza B in particular selected from of one or more of the human H1N1, H2N2, H3N2, H5N1, H7N7, H1N2, H9N2, H7N2, H7N3, H10N7 subtypes, of the pig flu H1N1, H1N2, H3N1 and H3N2 subtypes, of the dog or horse flu H7N7, H3N8 subtypes or of the avian H5N1, H7N2, H1N7, H7N3, H13N6, H5N9, H11N6, H3N8, H9N2, H5N2, H4N8, H10N7, H2N2, H8N4, H14N5, H6N5, H12N5 subtypes.”

And this one
    The World Health Organization in a “briefing note” posted on their Web site posted the baffling notice that they would no longer track outbreaks of H1N1. The last WHO update, issued July 6, showed 94,512 confirmed cases in 122 countries, with 429 deaths. The WHO apparently claims that the numbers of laboratory-confirmed cases were actually meaningless.

So the WHO has decided to drop tests that anyway did not give a scientific picture of who had H1N1 or not, and as well they have decided to drop counting any test results or cases of H1n1 around the world with the comment that “we can assume almost all cases are H1N1 Swine Flu

From : http://www.infowars.com/now-legal-immunity-for-swine-flu-vaccine-makers/

Also have a look at the so called new case and deaths
    http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_07_06/en/index.html

Advertisement