Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BNP's attitude towards Ireland

Options
  • 15-07-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

There would be a permanent standing invitation for Eire to join the pan-British parliament as an equal partner. It would be a matter for the citizens of each of the British nations to decide for themselves if they wished for the reigning head of the House of Windsor to be their Head of State, but he or she would not be head of the pan-British parliament, thereby making it realistic to hope that the Irish would find it
    possible to rejoin the British Family of Nations, taking their rightful place side-by-side with the representatives of England, Scotland, Wales and Ulster, and ending for ever the Brothers’ War which has been our Achilles Heel, tragedy and shame since our Masters set us at each others’ throats generations ago

From their 2005 manifesto.

Obviously they'll never get into power but what does everyone think of that then? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Downright weird.Since when were Irish people considered British nationals by racists?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Well they have managed to insult us all by calling us british, the claimed three of our counties as part of the UK. (Ulster) Possibly aimed more at the loyalists of the North than the people of the Republic.

I would vote for the DUP before the BNP. And i am a nationalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

Deedsie wrote: »
    Well they have managed to insult us all by calling us british, the claimed three of our counties as part of the UK. (Ulster) Possibly aimed more at the loyalists of the North than the people of the Republic.

I would vote for the DUP before the BNP. And i am a nationalist.

you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

How many counties are in Ulster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

lighten up guys...it's comedy.

Isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭oncevotedff

DTrotter wrote: »
    How many counties are in Ulster?

Nine

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭oncevotedff

From their 2005 manifesto.

Obviously they'll never get into power but what does everyone think of that then? :D

It's a non-runner. We might start out as an equal partner but eventually someone would say something along the lines of "4 million Irish cannot be allowed decide the destiny of 50 million English". There would also be the problems of harmonising currencies, taxation, security, policing and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The BNP...to be honest, it wont be too long before they are running Islamic and/or other ethnic minority candidates. I saw recently that they no longer want an all white Britain. They will just keep updating their definition of British to try and stay relevant whilst keeping the undercurrent of rage and entitlement. That is essentially their core message - rage and entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

junder wrote: »
    you think?

That's a surprising photo, no reference to Northern Ireland, guess its a local branch thing but would imagine a lot of Unionists would be offended by that

Okay, so who's gonna write the letter to say it was awfully nice of them to ask, but regretfully we will have to decline their generous offer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

There was a similar movement in Europe in the 30's. And we all know what happened to them. BNP are a disgrace, most English people I know are embaressed by them

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeyrooo

it makes me feel all loved and fuzzy on the inside!!!
    seema a bit stupid to say that we are 'brothers' at war and that war

'has been our Achilles Heel, tragedy and shame since our Masters set us at each others’ throats generations ago'

then to talk about us joining up again under the

'the reigning head of the House of Windsor'

seems to me that thats the master that set us at each others throats...i dont wanna go back to that.
    ..unless brian cowen was the head of the new state and that state was..the celtic isles..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭futurehope

That's a surprising photo, no reference to Northern Ireland, guess its a local branch thing but would imagine a lot of Unionists would be offended by that

You're right - they were!!!:D

There was a similar movement in Europe in the 30's. And we all know what happened to them. BNP are a disgrace, most English people I know are embaressed by them

Are you talking about The Irish 'blue shirts'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Quite happy not to be associated with Britain, thank you.

dlofnep wrote: »

You don't live in Northern Ireland then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

futurehope wrote: »
    Obviously not, but then people form NI aren't considered British so I suppose it could be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Sure thats Britain being associated with us...

Never heard of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

dlofnep wrote: »

Can I just say, on behalf of the people of Britain how very very sad we all are that you feel that way.:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Never heard of the place.

Northern Ireland is the grown up's name for the "Six Counties". You will find it on maps and so on. It is just north (hence the term) of Ireland, which is the grown up's name for the "Twenty Six Counties"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Sand wrote: »
    Northern Ireland is the grown up's name for the "Six Counties". You will find it on maps and so on. It is just north (hence the term) of Ireland, which is the grown up's name for the "Twenty Six Counties"
    That's funny, I thought the grown up name was the north of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

My moderator sense is tingling...are those handbags, or are you all just glad to see each other and rehearse together the old entrenched arguments?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Can I just say, on behalf of the people of Britain how very very sad we all are that you feel that way.:-)

Just to clarify, I meant it in a political context. Association with wars on Iraq and such. On a social level, I'd be more than happy to be associated with Brits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

I quite like the idea.

As likely to happen as the Irish Sea Tunnel tho.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Obviously not, but then people form NI aren't considered British so I suppose it could be possible.

just got my passport renewed, according to that i am British

It's a non-runner. We might start out as an equal partner but eventually someone would say something along the lines of "4 million Irish cannot be allowed decide the destiny of 50 million English". There would also be the problems of harmonising currencies, taxation, security, policing and so on.

quite right, best we keep the United Kingdom or any part of it sepperate from the republic of ireland

the selling of irish republican cd's on the BNP's website was interesting to

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its some of the enigma that is some racist organisations.

They dislike catholics, immigrants, Irish but they prefer them over "muslim pakis".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

junder wrote: »
    you think?

Surely that flag is an insult to the unionist people of the North?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement