Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedge issue

Options
  • 15-07-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Have a hedge and it's starting to go white. There was an issue with green fly before this, so I used soapy water initially, but when they returned I used bug spray. I have looked on-line and can't anything regarding the the leaves having a white covering.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Hmmmm powdery mildew?

What sort of hedge is it, and what conditions does it live in, e.g shade, damp, windy so on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭parka

Hmmmm powdery mildew?

What sort of hedge is it, and what conditions does it live in, e.g shade, damp, windy so on?

Hi thanks for the reply. It's a typical garden hedge to the front of the house, faces East and is quite open on both sides that it is located. Ideally, I don't want to remove it, as it provides great privacy. Any remedies or tonics that I could provide it with would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If it's powdery mildew you can buy a spray at the garden centre, but without knowing the actual species of plant, or getting a picture of the hedge, I can only put that out there as a guess, which may be way off.

Is it evergreen or deciduous? Has it got thorns? What colour are the leaves? Does it flower or bear berries, and if so, what are they like?

Advertisement