Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know anything about Expo-Guide?

Options
  • 15-07-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Have you received those forms in the post of your business details from Mexico and have you signed it? Did you receive an invoice for details inputted online for 1,181 Euro!!!?? I did and I feel so shocked and dont know who to turn to. It never occurred to me that it would costs so much let alone state that it is free to change or edit details online!

Can someone tell me of their experience of what they have done? I know that it seems to be a scam and will ring the Trading Standard tomorrow...I am away at the moment so want peace!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Mexico? It doesn't seem a scam, it is an obvious scam. Why oh why do people do this, and then only question or look into it afterward?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Mainly, for now. Dont even consider paying. Get advice on what you signed. This is a well known well reported scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JOHN GW

I signed the same form for IFEX 2014 and so far I have received 11 letters and about 10 emails. The bill has gone from €1271 to 2784.58. Today 16thDec I got a call from a debt collection agent in Cyprus. Expo Guide gave an understanding in an Austrian Court that they would stop pulling this scam. They were based in Czech Rep but now they scam from Mexico. I believe they were doing the same in the US and Canada. Forget about them they do not represent any trade show legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Entrepenurial & Business Management

Also - Zombie so closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement