Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship between o2 networks

• 15-07-2009 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

What is the relationship between O2 networks around Europe?

I ask because I was living in Germany for awhile and bought a phone on O2 Germany. Just back in Ireland and the phone is locked. Didn't realise it was a Nokia with a BB5 yokey, so I was expecting to find a handy code online.
    Is it possible to transfer my account etc?

I know the unlock codes are different in the other countries, but are the networks set up in such a way that Sean in Ireland can ring up Franz in Germany and ask him?

I don't think I can handle dealing directly with O2 Deutschland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

every network, even virtual ones in each different country have their own unlock codes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nope, each operator will buy X amount of nokia 6600s. The NAC (network access code) is assigned to each IMEI (phone) which basically sim locks the phone. This is then given to the operator who has ordered the phones so o2 UK/Germany will not have access to o2 Irelands NACs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What is the relationship between O2 networks around Europe?

Dealing with O2 IE and O2 DE is the same as the difference between Meteor and Vodafone from the end user point of view. They are separate companys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ah nuts. Thanks for the replies guys, I reckon I'm taking this bad boy to an unlocking shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Before paying for it to be unlocked i would:

Ring myself with my limited german, or chances they will have someone who can speak english, or then get some one with more fluent german to help you.

Emailing them would also be an option to think about, either if you know some who can speak german to write it up or use a translation site (not perfect) or just send it in english and let them translate it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement