Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA at the Movies *Possible Spoilers*

Options
  • 15-07-2009 5:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen Don Frye in Public Enemies?

Or the love scene in Bruno yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I heard that Frye's in that, does he have a speaking role? Would you even notice him?

I remember reading about the MMA scene in Bruno when they did it. It sounded like there were a lot of angry people :pac:

I hear that Kurt Angle's filming an MMA movie too :pac: He seems to have given up his insistence that he'll compete in MMA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fozzy wrote: »
    I heard that Frye's in that, does he have a speaking role? Would you even notice him?

I read that Don was in it in the Observer a while ago and forgot. He stepped off the train in it and it lead me to blurting "Don Frye!!" out loud. I don’t think he speaks at all maybe a grunt or two he is a police heavy who stands in the background being Don Frye and does it very well. He is in a major gun battle.
    I remember reading about the MMA scene in Bruno when they did it. It sounded like there were a lot of angry people :pac:

Thats an understatement but you dont know who is and isnt plants in the crowd. It could be offensive to some of the MA/SD people on here.

Chuck Liddell was in Drillbit Taylor about a year or two ago. Bruno was a horrible film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

when i saw the title i thought this was going to be about fighter or never surender :D

Good god almighty never surrender was bad, so bad i forgot about all the sex scenes in it :eek: (think more bravo late at night than xxx)

Theres a bunch of guys in tarentino's new one inglorious b@stards and Randy has had a bunch of roles.

Cung Le has done 7 movies this year or is doing , Tekken seems to be the big one for him playing Marshal Law
    So doubt we'll see him fight anytime soon what with promo for said movies etc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I hear that Kurt Angle's filming an MMA movie too :pac: He seems to have given up his insistence that he'll compete in MMA

According to a recent interview with him the character is based on Fedor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Frye has good screen presence. He has a future in the movie business.

Public Enemies was a letdown, Bruno more so..

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

rovert wrote: »
    He stepped off the train in it and it lead me to blurting "Don Frye!!" out loud.

HaHaHa LMAO as I did the same thing!

I went to watch it without hearing that Frye was in it though.

It was a pity he didn't get even 1 small line though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

rovert wrote: »
    I read that Don was in it in the Observer a while ago and forgot. He stepped off the train in it and it lead me to blurting "Don Frye!!" out loud.

I turned to my young fella in the pics and said look who that is and he says " it's Dan Severn " :pac:

Thought Frye looked the part, also heard he might be fighting soon - goes against what I read in an article recently that said he was crippled with back pain.

What a legend he is.

Advertisement