Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinons on this A3

Options
  • 15-07-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭

Lads I'd be interested in any useful opinions on this car. Might go and see it at the weekend. I would think it's worth a couple of k's less than it's listed at. Not sure if they would take €12.5 k though! :D

Anyone ever driven the 2l fsi petrol?

Thanks

Mick
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

4 year old 2 litre petrol A3 sure aint worth 15k anyway so if you're happy with the price then go for it. Looks very nice.

If you're buying cash though shop around. A diesel would be miles better resale wise - I'd imagine it would be next to impossible to shift that car afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ha, Ha there are still some dreamers out there.

OP, you can get a Golf GTi with DSG for similar money:
    http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200924193072530

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

MCMLXXV wrote: »

thanks mate but a 3 door is not an option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

i think those 5 door a3's are horrible looking cars

• Advertisement

i think those 5 door a3's are horrible looking cars

See OP, I was looking for "useful opinions"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I've never driven the 2.0 FSI, but I did once own a 1.6FSI. It was a nice car, good looks, but I often felt a little short-changed by it (tarted up Golf, etc!).

I wouldn't personally recommend that 2.0. As far as I remember it is a 150bhp, and from reviews I read at the time, it didn't feel like a car with 150bhp. So you'd be paying big road tax and insurance for little or no performance gain.

As another poster noted, a GTI would be a much better bet IMO, or if you really like the A3, try to find a 2.0 TDI model - that would be a vastly better purchase than the petrol version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Lets face it, almost anything you buy now will be saleproof for a few years, and not everyone wants a diesel, if the OP likes the car then and is not bothered by higher tax and running costs then why not? But certainly that price needs to come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I've driven the 2.0Fsi engine in a Passat and was pleasantly surprised. It has plenty of grunt in the low and middle ranges (bit more than my Accord), but is lacking a bit higher up the rev range (again, in comparison to my Accord).

Seems waaay over priced though. Try to source a decent 2.0Tdi (will be scarce in ROI). With regular servicing they are good for over 200K KM.

this 1.6fsi is another option. It seems to tick all the boxes for me. It is overpriced though.. yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

dubmick wrote: »
    this 1.6fsi is another option. It seems to tick all the boxes for me. It is overpriced though.. yeah?

It's nice but is overpriced by about at least 2k in my opinion.
    Does it have a full leather interior? It doesn't seem so.
    Also, while a 1.6 FSI is decent, it delivers, what, 115BHP? Certainly not a performance car IMO.

I am not sure if they would take €12.5k though and tbh I would want to have a deal done before I drive down to Clare. Leather interior would be nice but there doesn't seem to be many A3's with leather interiors about.

Regarding the power, that will do me fine. I just want it to be a bit more powerful than your average 1.4 (Golf).

Advertisement