Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Wake is Xbox 360 exclusive

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gizmo wrote: »
    Completely and utterly incorrect. The Xenos GPU in the 360 is actually "better" than the RSX in the PS3. The developers excellent use of the Cell is the reason why many of the PS3 exclusives look so good. For more accurate info head over to Beyond3D or the Digital Foundry for some more digestible info

Whats ''completely incorrect''. the 360 GPU is made by ATi and was custom designed for the 360. What the name of the chip set is is another debate. I don't see anything that I stated as ''wrong'' other than my misconceptions that the PS3 GPU is more powerful than the 360 GPU and the fact I stated 8MB of dedicated memory rather than 10Mb.

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1458/The-Power-of-the-Xbox-360-GPU/p1/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Whats ''completely incorrect''. the 360 GPU is made by ATi and was custom designed for the 360. What the name of the chip set is is another debate. I don't see anything that I stated as ''wrong'' other than my misconceptions that the PS3 GPU is more powerful than the 360 GPU.

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1458/The-Power-of-the-Xbox-360-GPU/p1/
    Well..

The PS3 does not have a 7800GT GPU.
    The 360 has 10MB of eDRAM.
    The assumption that the GPU in the PS3 is better than the 360.

So outside of the fact that the 360 GPU is made by ATi, the rest of your assertions were wrong. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

OT here,

Yes, ok

Its not a 7800 but the RSX is based on the NV47 chipset which 7800 also was.

I was off on 2Mb of memory.

I said nothing about PS3 exclusive games, only cross platform games.

And finally getting to Alan Wake, thought this was going to end up vapor ware like DN Forever. I just hope time has not caught up with it and passed it by technically. But if it holds a decent story and gameplay mechanics the rest should not effect it too much. Overall it reminds me of the Silent Hill games which I found hard to get into even though they were good games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

When we heard nothing from the devs about this game for months it was getting apparent that development of the game was heading down the ****ter . . .

I still want it on PC though!:(

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I never really believed this game would live up to it's hype.

There are a lot of more interesting games on the horizon than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Maximilian wrote: »
    I never really believed this game would live up to it's hype.

There are a lot of more interesting games on the horizon than this.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 !!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 !!

AvP for me at the moment

Advertisement