Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parrot CK3100 Screen Problem

• 15-07-2009 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭

I've a problem with my Parrot CK3100 car kit. Basically, sometimes when I turn it on, I get a few bleeps, a blank screen and then "No Signal" appears in the top corner.

The phone still connects to the kit. I can still make and receive calls on the phone and it routes the audio through the car kit but the screen is blank. In addition, pressing the buttons on the screen does nothing.

After a while (typically 5 min max) the screen returns to normal, and full functionality is restored.

The kit is in the car 2 years, it was professionally installed (I won't touch modern wiring with a 40 foot pole because of Can-Bus) so I don't have the box with the serial no and date of manufacture.

Does anybody have any ideas of what the problem could be, and how to cure it? Most of the answers Google throw up are the Parrot solution - replace the unit - but does anybody else have a cure?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭techie

Have a look at the wire going into the bottom of the LCD display itself.

Mine did the same thing and I took the back off and the wire had come loose, reattached it and its been fine since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

If you need replacement parts then I saw this place before:

http://www.totalcarkits.co.uk/categories.asp?cat=22

Never used them, just saw it on a few forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eurolans

Помогу получить Водительское удостоверение (Латвийское) любой категорий в короткие сроки.Ha e-mail Palidzesu dabut autovaditaja apliecibu jebkura kategorija.Rakstiet uz eurolans@gmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Email that nice russian man and he'll fix it for you for free cant say fairer than that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

The screens have been known to go on them alright. The kit works fine but the screen just needs to be replaced.
    As a poster said above, check the connecting wire to the screen
    . It should have a small 3 pin jack at the bottom of the screen that separates it from the cable.
    I have had to replace 2 recently for people at work, but one was 2 years old and the new screen was incompatible with the old kit so i ended up changing the kit as well.
    Sorry i don't have an easier option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Thanks to all

I'll check the connections and report back tomorrow.

Hopefully its not a new screen/unit needed.......

As for the nice Russian Man, can I send the car by post, as I can't take the unit out?

Ian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

post it to him if u email him he will send you a bank draft for 16,000 euro to cover the shipping you can lodge the change into his account :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

A brief update - the connection at the bottom of the screen was loose. I've shoved it home. Hopefully that's it. I'll strip the dash over the weened to find the control box and check the rest of the connections.

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

ianobrien wrote: »
    A brief update - the connection at the bottom of the screen was loose. I've shoved it home. Hopefully that's it. I'll strip the dash over the weened to find the control box and check the rest of the connections.

Ian

Hi Ian...don't waste any more time checking the rest of the kit,unless it acts up again...you've almost certainly isolated the problem...I see one or two a week here..unless the socket on the board has become damaged,it'll be fine!!

The "no signal" symptom,if it persists,may require a software flash...not a big deal either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement