Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indoor soccer

Options
  • 15-07-2009 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

anyone know of a team that are short on players for a game of indoor soccer in Galway?. Would like to get fit and enjoy playin it.

Oxygenman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check in this thread
    Hopefully you'll find something there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

play outdoors like a man!

roar!

oxygenman wrote: »
    Hi,

anyone know of a team that are short on players for a game of indoor soccer in Galway?. Would like to get fit and enjoy playin it.

Oxygenman

If you have a proper interest in playing, this is the perfect time of the year, all junior teams are just starting back up again, so no better time to get involved

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

oxygenman wrote:
    anyone know of a team that are short on players for a game of indoor soccer in Galway?.
    Are you looking for indoor soccer specifically or would you be interested in 5 a side (outside)?
    If you have a proper interest in playing
    What's wrong with wanting to play indoor soccer?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭oxygenman

Hi Malice,
    Apologies for not getting back to you sooner but only logged back on tonight and saw your reply, no bother with outdoor as well, gifted indoor or outdoor :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Hi Malice,
    Apologies for not getting back to you sooner but only logged back on tonight and saw your reply, no bother with outdoor as well, gifted indoor or outdoor :pac::pac::pac:
    No worries :). I organise a game from 7pm to 8pm on Mondays in Drom which could do with a player or two. Send me a PM if you're interested in playing and we can exchange contact details.

malice_ wrote: »
    Are you looking for indoor soccer specifically or would you be interested in 5 a side (outside)?
    What's wrong with wanting to play indoor soccer?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I said if you have a ''proper interest'' i.e want to play football competitively.

That in no way said there was anything wrong with it, but let's face it if your young enough to play, your good enough and have a real interest in playing football you should be playing with a club, pre-season has just started, perfect time to get involved.

Nothing wrong with playing as much football as possible and i try play as much as i can, but i wouldn't view playing indoor or once a week with buddies as an alternative to playing club football, there'll be plenty of time for that when i'm older(i'm only 22)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭oxygenman

Hi Malice,
    Sounds good, how do you pm on this thing? :confused:

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I said if you have a ''proper interest'' i.e want to play football competitively.

That in no way said there was anything wrong with it, but let's face it if your young enough to play, your good enough and have a real interest in playing football you should be playing with a club, pre-season has just started, perfect time to get involved.

Nothing wrong with playing as much football as possible and i try play as much as i can, but i wouldn't view playing indoor or once a week with buddies as an alternative to playing club football, there'll be plenty of time for that when i'm older(i'm only 22)
    But by saying a proper interest = playing competitively you're implying that playing recreationally is in some way improper. You do realise that there are plenty of people out there who don't want to get involved in the politics and slog of playing full-on eleven a side games? For them playing recreationally is perfect. No need to turn up to training, no manager picking his mates ahead of you and no need to turn up for games on a weekend morning where you may or may not even get on the pitch. Just bring your boots at the arranged time, play for an hour and that's it.
    Hi Malice,
    Sounds good, how do you pm on this thing? :confused:
    Left-click the usename and from the menu that pops down choose the "Send a private message to..." option. On the next screen type in your message and hit Submit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

In my day, 4 jumpers for goalposts placed on the ground and some ragged threads constituting a round object was good enough

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    In my day, 4 jumpers for goalposts placed on the ground and some ragged threads constituting a round object was good enough
    Did the pitch slope uphill both ways as well? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tarsisd2

hi
    i would like to play soccer with you guys as well!
    i'm 19 and love soccer but never played on a club!
    send me mp plz

• Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

tarsisd2 wrote: »
    hi
    i would like to play soccer with you guys as well!
    i'm 19 and love soccer but never played on a club!
    send me mp plz

Gordon Brown ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CityofDawros

I have been looking for an indoor game for ages.

Where are all the indoor pitches in Galway?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Gordon Brown ok?
    That made me laugh anyway :).
    I have been looking for an indoor game for ages.

Where are all the indoor pitches in Galway?
    I don't know of any actual indoor soccer pitches. The only times I've played indoor soccer it's been in sports halls with wooden floors and concrete walls. See Áras Bóthar na Trá for example.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement