Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue Helicopter over the river this evening around 6pm

• 15-07-2009 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what was going on? It looked like they were searching for something in the river...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

4 times now its gone round over the south of the city.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Relax dude i'm just visiting :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topics merged.

Look before you post mike. :p

I'm normally so good in that respect! :D

Anyway whatever it was doing its either moved on, run out of fuel or finished up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm normally so good in that respect! :D

Anyway whatever it was doing its either moved on, run out of fuel or finished up.

Well it was doing training pretty much outside my house the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I was heading home along the Quay at around 6.15 and there were about 3-4 fire tenders, Gardaí, Coastguard and a crowd of around 50-100 looking into the river opposite Shaws - not to mention the rubberneckers driving along the Quay.

Looked like either someone had gone in the river (but why so many fire engines?) or else it was a fairly big exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

Coast guard vans and lots of sirens in and out the Dunmore Road the past half hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Some poor soul in the river.

Fire Brigade do more than put out fires for the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

Anybody know what was going on? It looked like they were searching for something in the river...
    i was talking to a friend with a scanner and he had heard them saying that they were looking for somewhere to take the casualty out of the water

Just flicked on wlr for some LOCAL NEWS but they cop out after 7 with INN who of course niether know or care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Fire Brigade do more than put out fires for the record.

Of course, but it just seemed like a lot - 4 vehicles. That's why I was thinking it might have been an exercise. Seems not from what people are saying... poor soul :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

My mother was telling me about a father and son that went missing while fishing. The father has been found dead but the son is still missing. Not sure where this was happening but could explain the rescue helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

My mother was telling me about a father and son that went missing while fishing. The father has been found dead but the son is still missing. Not sure where this was happening but could explain the rescue helicopter.
    i think that was a few days ago in Kerry, theyre still looking for them i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

i think that was a few days ago in Kerry, theyre still looking for them i think

They found the father today.. was watching it on the news.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

There was 2 fire-engines and gardai coming out of Tesco Poleberry as we were coming out of the cinema at about 11pm too.. Anyone know what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

no idea at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

no, i have no idea either, anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

a man went into the river by the bridge and was rescued and is now in hospital.

http://wlrfm.com/tabId/503/itemId/2866/Man-rescued-from-Suir.aspx

One man rescued from the River Suir in Waterford City yesterday evening.

The local man had entered the water near the Bridge

The emergency services including the coasguard, the fire sevice , ambulance personnell and gardai.
    managed to rescue the man and he was taken to Waterford Regional Hospital for treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Fair play to all concerned once again. We don't give the coastguard and the emergency services in Waterford half the credit they deserve. Theres great security in watching the helicopter do its rounds from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

Just an add to this thread...my boyfriend was returning from New Ross at that time and saw a man soaking wet, blood running down his face and he was being arrested by a Garda. The said they were still searching the river...seemed like a fight that went to far to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Jeasus, I hope everything is alright now, please be to god!

Advertisement