Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vw golf 1.4 mk5 lighting ?

• 15-07-2009 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

hows it lads...

bought me prism led bulbs 12v t10 wedge side and tail frost led white bulbs to brighten up the side lights of my golf but now the problem is

the lights come on for 4 -5 seconds and then go off leaving me with a light indicator problem on my dash.... any ideas ? cheers

Andy
    ________

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Basically every electric item on the MK5 is controlled by the cars ECU,so every add on/modification made the ECU will know about it,those LED bulbs work on less resistance than halogen bulbs so the car in fact thinks there is no bulb there/or that the bulb there is blown,i think there are companies around that make bulbs with in built resistors to get around this problem 42draftdesigns is one that might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

i think someone wit a vagcom will tell you for sure go on to vagdrivers.net look up vag com and ask them there you will get your answer fo sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

fox007 wrote: »
    i think someone wit a vagcom will tell you for sure go on to vagdrivers.net look up vag com and ask them there you will get your answer fo sure

He just got the answer for sure. ;)

Advertisement