Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitty peeing

Options
  • 15-07-2009 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, back to wreck your head with my kitty again :)

So she started going into heat a few months ago and fell into a routine of it happening every two weeks and for a few days it does be yowls and sometimes she pee's in places ( ie not her litterbox), i know this is to attract males. But lately she is peeing in hidey hole type places like between the living room chairs (she also shredded a magazine in there and pee'd on it :confused: ) and today she lay in the little bed i got for her for the first time in ages and she promptly pee'd on it.

She is not in heat at the moment wont be for another week ( i am getting her "fixed" soon before anyone says it :) ) is this normal or is something wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

cats pee all over the place when they're annoyed, chances are she's cross that you're not letting her out to meet her suitors and is letting you know it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Soon?? How soon is soon??

She could have a urinary tract infection if she's peeing everywhere. She needs to see the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Soon?? How soon is soon??

She could have a urinary tract infection if she's peeing everywhere. She needs to see the vet.

Soon as in the only reason i was waiting in recent weeks was i ordered a voucher for a free "snip" if you like will actually be ringing the vets this evening to book her in

Do you think i should just take her in for a check this evening to be sure? If she was sick would she not be down and stuff? She is her normal self like playing with her toys runnin about like a hurricane and is eating and drinking as normal

Only reason i thought that was last time when she was sick she was definitely not herself sleeping loads and barely eating

She vomited up a fair bit of the pate i gave her so i took her to the vets, he said her bladder was inflamed and this is common in female cats (and female people too supposedly, learn something every day) and gave her a jab and some tablets for the week told me to keep an eye on her and if no improvement it could be kidney stones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

not sure, but i just found out in boards here that dry foods cause lots of problems for cats kidneys. apparently dry stuff has lots of grain and other stuff, which cats as carnivores don't need.

switching to wet food might help.

we also give our cats raw meat when we're cooking with it. and hoping that helps.

i hope your kitty doesn't have stones! my fiance just had stones over the last month. horrible pain he had :( supposedly as bad as child birth.

• Advertisement

nearly wrote: »
    not sure, but i just found out in boards here that dry foods cause lots of problems for cats kidneys. apparently dry stuff has lots of grain and other stuff, which cats as carnivores don't need.

switching to wet food might help.

we also give our cats raw meat when we're cooking with it. and hoping that helps.

i hope your kitty doesn't have stones! my fiance just had stones over the last month. horrible pain he had :( supposedly as bad as child birth.

Only saw this now sorry, is this true bout the dry food? She does drink plenty of water so i thought she would be ok. The pate i give her is wet food i tried her on whiskas stuff and she didnt take to it at all i might try her on something else soon

Advertisement