Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't collapse the Quick Reply box in Firefox on Linux

Options
  • 15-07-2009 6:45pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭

See the attached screenshots - this is a problem I've only ever seen in Firefox on Linux, but it's been there as long as I can remember.

Other Linux browsers have the collapse button, and Firefox on other platforms has it. It's just this one combination that's missing it.

I assume it's a JS thing - anything I can do from here to debug it? I has a Firebug.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Just a note: Im using Ubuntu 9.04, with Firefox 3.0.11 and Gnome and everythings working perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

It collapses for me, I'm running FF 3.0.11 on Jaunty Jackalope.

EDIT: turgon beat me to it.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

That's strange - it has never worked for me, and I'm talking umpteen versions of Firefox over several Ubuntu releases.

Any idea where to start looking? Pointers to which script I should be debugging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

oscarBravo wrote: »
    That's strange - it has never worked for me, and I'm talking umpteen versions of Firefox over several Ubuntu releases.

Any idea where to start looking? Pointers to which script I should be debugging?

I don't know off the top of my head. I'll have a dig around later.

What extensions are you running? Any that might interfere? (I have Firebug, Google Gears, Page Speed, Ubuntu Firefox Modifications and YSlow, so you can probably rule them out)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Pretty sure I've seen this in safe mode. I'll try again some time.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement