Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of my cam

Options
  • 15-07-2009 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Well,
    I posted up a few months ago about sending the cam for repairs. €170 later,
    A nice man in the fujifilm place was happy to tell me it was ready for collection and there's a one year warranty on her :):)

I'm back out now taking photo's I need some inspiration. I was thinking of finding some nice ponds in parks. Any idea's which ones are nice? Tymon has some nice one's but i'd be wary about walking through with a cam strapped to me

Anyhow one way or the other I shall be posting up again soon enough!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Congratulations on getting your camera back and with a warrenty too :D but what a shame it is that we have to think twice about going to areas where we must worry about the camera being swiped.

It is a sad state of affairs that we are not free to wander and photograph what we want, where we want without being afraid for our gear.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

congo_90 wrote: »

Tymon has some nice one's but i'd be wary about walking through with a cam strapped to me

!

It is a sad state of affairs that we are not free to wander and photograph what we want, where we want without being afraid for our gear.:(

It would be a sad state of affairs if it were true, I live less than 500 yards from Tymon Park and have shot in it many a time, most recently with a D300 and 300mm 2.8 prime and never once felt afraid. Less of the paranoia and get out there and shoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I shot in most of the parks in Dublin ..... never a problem.

you missed a photo night last night ... there was a bunch doing some night shots .... I also missed out. :( ...but won my football so all is good !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Well i'm back now. Went to Blessington lake instead and what a magnificant evening it was! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm glad I can now share some of these moments again using my cam.
    In a matter of minutes I'll be uploading some pics to flickr but none are edited/processed. They're literally from the lens pics. This has to do with a rant long ago that edited photo's just take away from the true beauty that is photography.
    I dunno maybe cos I learned on a film manual slr that I appreciate every shot or take a few seconds extra to try get my exposure spot on. Obviously my digital now gives me more freedom but still...
    maybe on the next photgraphy meet you all could try get the best from the lens photo up? and then post them on boards? It would be interesting to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

• Advertisement
Advertisement