Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

01 Toyota Corolla radio

• 15-07-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Guys,
    I've got an 01 Corolla hatchback with the usual old style corolla set up on the dash. The only difference being that the previous owner installed a CD player which sits between the tape deck (which is still in it's original position) and drinks holder.

The issue I'm having seems to be a common problem from what I've been told. My FM radio is knackered, it's basically a load of fuzz and noise but the AM is still working. I was advised to go to a scrap yard and get a radio out of an old corolla but just wondering if anyone else has a suggestion?

Would I be able to pick something up in Halfords or would I go to a Corolla garage? Not looking to spend a fortune as its an 8 year old car and the cd player is keeping me going but would still like to to get the radio back in action.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Frank_Gooding

you can get one from halfords i think aldi or lidl are doing one this week.

I put a radio in my mates 99 corolla.

The radio is actually bolted in you need to pull out the air vents to get at the screws.

If you google replacing corolla you should find pics and description. Halfords will have a wiring harness to adapt to euro connections as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

not quite, Frank. the original radio was left in place (I hate when people do this) as was the DIN sized cassette unit, and the new radio was installed where the DIN sized compartment used to be (looks so shoddy) (01 is a different setup to 99)

Check the condition of the roof aeriel if it has one. these can rust and the aeriel wire can become damaged. you have to remove the headlining to do this. alternatively, try another stereo with the car aeriel and see if the problem is the aeriel or the headunit itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Peadar85

thanks for the suggestions lads. Don't think it's an aeriel issue as i have played around with it and it seems to be grand. I've had a mate look at it and he took out the top bit where the display is but he reckons it's the small bit at the bottom that needs replacing. Would a Toyota garage rob ya for a replacement or would they even have them in stock?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try eBay first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

which radio are you actually using at the momnent? is the CD player that was installed actually working, is it a standalone AM/FM/CD unit, or a Toyota CD player thats integrated with the factory system?

• Advertisement
Advertisement