Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning for using an emoticon

Options
  • 15-07-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭

I've just received a warning for using a facepalm smiley in the rugby forum. Is this a joke or a case of the most ridiculous modding I've ever witnessed? Apparently using a smiley constitutes a personal attack now.
    I've seen facepalm being used across a wide range of forums without a warning being issued. It's an effective use of humour, not on everyone it seems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

If youve a complaint about modding, it goes in the Helpdesk section.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nerin wrote: »
    If youve a complaint about modding, it goes in the Helpdesk section.
    Apologies. Please move.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Aidric wrote: »
    Apologies. Please move.

i wish i could :p
    Only an admin can.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Thread in question http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055610772&page=5

What are you adding to the thread and discussion?

Stev_o wrote: »
    Thread in question http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055610772&page=5

What are you adding to the thread and discussion?
    Give over. When someone makes a shocker the facepalm smiley is standard fare on a messageboard. Getting a warning is completely over the top.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It was entirely unnecessary and quite derogatory given that the user you directed it at had explained what the mix-up was.

In addition, a warning is the minimum sanction a boards.ie mod can give so it's like a verbal in-thread warning before the infraction system was implemented. I really do not know why people take these things so seriously.

Where is the consistency then? Is a facepalm smiley likely to be considered derogatory in all cases? Fussy modding tbh and completely unnecessary.

Advertisement