Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

• 15-07-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Ladies,

I have read some of your blogs and have to say the advice is great. I am a 31 year old married 18mths and trying since honeymoon. Bit lost in the ovaluation thought it would happen straight away. My hubbie is 14years older and has a son from a previous relationship. I am overweight but in weight watchers and have lost nearly a stone I am overweight!!!

From when we got married we have had a lot of stress and recently hubbie in hospital and on beta block for his heart. Periods are regular and we both fertility kits in boots cost €200 sperm count and ovaluation both fine. I tried accupunture for migraine and thought this would help. Currently in work there are 3 girls back from maternity leave and pregnant again i seem to be surrounding trying not to let it get to me but extremely hard to take.

I have been to see a psychic ( for fun) and she told me i need to bring the romance back into my marriage and that it would happen soon.

I havent got to my GP as I feel with the last year and 3 mths there have been some very very tough times.

I would so appreciate any help and advice xxxx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

First I'm sorry no one responded to you yet,
    It seems a shame people couldn't give a caring word to a woman struggling ttc.
    Congrats on the weightloss keep up the good work,you'll be healthier and it might increase your chances of conceiving too.
    I would get back to my G.p as soon as possible to get your hubbie to do a semen analysis and get some day 3 and day 21 (or whenever 7 days past ovulation is for you.
    My Dh has below average motility and high viscosity (too thick semen) this was proved in lab testing.
    But he got the best results on both 'at home' sperm tests we did before that and he did get me pregnant prior to those tests .
    So unfortunately the problem could actually be your hubbie even though he does have a kid from a previous relationship.
    Please go to your G.p it could be something simple preventing you from conceiving either way it's best to get checked instead of suffering alone with infertility.
    If you have anymore questions post back and I'll respond to you again.

Advertisement