Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming ipoker upgrade?

Options
  • 15-07-2009 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Got this from Will Hill, but I assume it's network wide?
    Upgrade 1: Launch of GBP Tables

Many players have asked for GBP tables and we're happy to oblige - from the end of July, multi-currency tables will arrive.

Dollar tables remain, now alongside the option of Euro and GBP, removing the hassle of converting cash from account currency.

Upgrade 2: Lobby Improvements

We've had the interior designers in and they've worked their magic, making the lobby clearer, cleaner and brighter.

Access to tournaments, tables, account info and side games are all enhanced, making it easier to find your game of choice.

Upgrade 3: In-Play Improvements

Auto Top-Up allows you to define the level at which your cash game stack is replenished, making stack management a breeze.

The Hand for Hand mode combats slow play towards the end of tournaments when a significant increase in payout is in sight.

And the Tournament Time Bank is perfect for those moments when you need a little bit longer to make that crucial decision.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

One f***ing time!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 MartinPride

well, it's a start! there is so much more that software needs but it's still enjoyable to play there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭NewApproach

what about resizable tables?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Upgrade 3 looks the best imo.

What kind of effect will multi currency have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Believe it when I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

tipp86 wrote: »
    Upgrade 3 looks the best imo.

What kind of effect will multi currency have?

more rake

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Haven't got a mail from any iPoker skins (I have A/c's with 3 of them) although the one I play on most has the most woeful C/S so I wouldn't expect anything from them.

I presume if Will Hill have gone to the trouble of mailing all their customers, it must be true but as Cooker said, I'll wait until I see it working without any bugs before I believe it

Auto Top Ups sound very good but there are so so many other things that they could do.

Interesting to see how the multi currency tables play out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

more rake

As in if i play 50 nl now im paying dollar rake and when it turns euro il be paying more. Dont really like this at all like id rather it stayed dollar or else went fully euro.

Im irritated now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

tipp86 wrote: »
    As in if i play 50 nl now im paying dollar rake and when it turns euro il be paying more. Dont really like this at all like id rather it stayed dollar or else went fully euro.

Im irritated now.

Of the 3, multi currency is the most likely to be Will Hill only ie their own non network tables.

Anyone who played on crypto/WH will remember that the GBP tables could be raked up to £3 instead of $3 but were much livelier and less nitty, so good players could win more (albeit with higher variance) and get more rakeback/bonus etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

what about resizable tables?

Defies logic if this is not in the update - if it is in fact going to happen that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

In order to catch up to the other networks Playtech's plan is to release fewer updates over a longer period of time.

Genius imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Hope it dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

If you want resizeable tables go here
    http://minimaxmod.com/

I know you have to pay for it but even so it will likely be better then when Playtech finally introduce it probably around the time of the London Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Really looking forward to this. Auto top up will be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

When I opened my client this morning I felt sure today was gonna be the day and the upgrade would have happened overnight Sunday/Monday.

Wrong! Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

There is an upgrade on the way next month, as in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

i noticed there were low limit sngs for $1, £1 & €1 last night on ppp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I dont think an upgrade will make any difference to ipoker. I haven't played on it for 8 months until last nite to brush the cob webs off to make the extra chips for the IPO .
    Well it looks like i'll be starting the IPO with 8k as i wont ever play on the fkn thing again . It has to be the sh1tiest software ever invented or it just attracts every fkn retard ever born. It's totally ridiculous the sh1te that it throws up . And b4 the all the crappy come backs start on here . I know it happens live all the time , but not at the rate these fkrs throw it at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I dont think an upgrade will make any difference to ipoker. I haven't played on it for 8 months until last nite to brush the cob webs off to make the extra chips for the IPO .

Promotion doesn't start til August, so try not to go broke in the meantime!

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Promotion doesn't start til August, so try not to go broke in the meantime!
    I will gaurantee you tony that i definately wont be going broke on any ipoker site. That has absolutely no reflection on Boyles as i am looking forward to the IPO and think its one of the highlights of the year. It's just a pity that they use that sh1te crap retarded software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It's just a pity that they use that sh1te crap retarded software.

This.

i love ipoker. i hope boyles and ppp never move from it. ppp's flash poker player is the business

smcb wrote: »
    i love ipoker. i hope boyles and ppp never move from it. ppp's flash poker player is the business
    Retard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What exactly do people find wrong with iPoker these days??

The only thing id like to see in this update is preferred seating, if i had that id be entirely happy with it.

Retard

cheers oul fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

mdwexford wrote: »

The only thing id like to see in this update is preferred seating, if i had that id be entirely happy with it.

Im sure other people have plenty of reasons.... but the lack of re-sizable tables is criminal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Isn't there software you can download to give you re-sizeable tables?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

it just attracts every fkn retard ever born.

I see it attracted you also damo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Im sure other people have plenty of reasons.... but the lack of re-sizable tables is criminal

Yeah i use minimaxmod which if you play a lot of hands is a must have investment, its made playing on iPoker way better for me.

Re-sizeable tables and card and table mods, shortcuts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

mdwexford wrote: »

There is very little wrong with it a few minor things but nothing major, just some people obviously cant handle variance or really suck at poker and will blame anything but themselves and their short comings as a player, they are to be pitied really poor souls they should take up kniting or something a little less taxing on them :p

Advertisement