Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sevens Rugby in the Olympics

Options
  • 15-07-2009 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys,

If your interested in supporting 7's Rugby in the Olympic go to www.olympic-rugby.org and sign up. Stick the website up on your myspace,facebook, bebo etc, and if possible email it to as many people as possible and ask them to do the same.

The Irish support so far has been pretty dismal- we're currently languishing in 20th (signature count).

Dont no worry theres no spam or anything. I can't urge people enough to send this on to as many people as possible and ask them to do the same- theres only 28 days left until the petition closes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

no spam you say...ironic

How many signatures do they need for the Olympic committee to decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

The Irish support is probably dismal because support for the elite 7s game in Ireland in general is Dismal.

I signed.
    May do nothing but I feel strong enough about 7s in the Olympics to try anything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd have to say im not a huge fan of sevens.
    Ive watched some of a few games over the years but it doesnt catch my attention like the full maned game does.
    It is very athletic but there is alot of whoever has the fastest guys will prob win to it, kinda like chasing!
    I didnt sign it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Amabokke

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I'd have to say im not a huge fan of sevens.
    Ive watched some of a few games over the years but it doesnt catch my attention like the full maned game does.
    It is very athletic but there is alot of whoever has the fastest guys will prob win to it, kinda like chasing!
    I didnt sign it.

True that speed is a factor but there is definitely a lot of skill involved. Kenya has really speedy runners and only recently started to perform. Sevens is a real art and it's all about the passing. You can't just take it up bash into opposition and create a ruck. You have to think about your teammates in how you can put them into space.

See this sevens clip and the great passing between Fiji before the try.

CatFromHue wrote: »

Not really.
    Cos generally the fittest and fastest players play sevens.

Do you think it shouldn't be in the olympics then?

• Advertisement

That clip is great.

Serevi in his prime, legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'll sign
    Any sort of rugby in the Olympics is good for me

Advertisement