Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB to figure 8 lead ?

Options
  • 15-07-2009 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to get afigure 8 (radio) lead with a USB connection on the end (instead of a plugtop) ?

I have a phillips charger/battery that charges through USB but also stores power for times when away from the mains. Would be very handy to be able to power /charge camera etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Wouldn't the power lead be AC? USB is 5V DC.

Let me try and understand what you want. The charger charges via AC. You want to charge your camera etc by plugging your camera's charger (transformer box with the female figure 8) into the USB output of the Philips charger?

The camera's own charger converts AC coming through the figure 8 into DC as specified on the back of the transformer. For your USB to charge your camera you would need a camera that charges off 5V and you would have to bypass the transformer of your camera's charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

This is the thing I have:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/us/consumer/cc/_productid_SCM7880_27_US_CONSUMER/

Anything that has USB charging can be charged off it, either plugged into a mains or when it's fully charged itself. you can also run items off it while away from mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Totally different voltage, so, no you can't.

Advertisement